Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Reservoir
Went up to Lost Creek Reservoir last Thursday and with a lot of trial and error had great success trolling a silver prism super duper right on top of the water. Caught 20 or so fish in about 3 hours.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Bartlett and thanks for posting your report. Were any of the fish you caught larger than the normal 9 to 12 inchers?
WH2
[signature]
We had about 5 good size cuts with the rest being standard bows between 9 and 12 inches (see attached picture). The largest fish was about 17 inches. I will try and post a picture. The bigger fish could actually b seen patrolling the top water swimming for 4-6 feet with their dorsal fin out of the water. When I filleted the larger fish, their stomachs were full of 2-3 inch fingerlings.
[signature]
Another picture
[signature]
Nice cutt, the water temp must be dropping if they a chasing minnows close to shore, did you happen to check it?
[signature]
Nice fish bro! I have not been to Lost Creek yet but every time I see a post about it I get all itchy to go there. I don't troll in my pontoon so thusly I avoid the place. If they are "shore going" that makes a guy like me happy though. I love that you did a CSI autopsy on the victims. Very good to see you are doing your homework for the rest of us. I only do it when it is easy to see, like when they pucke stuff up or close to puke-ing. I would probably get more fish if I did my homework a little more often though. After catching and cleaning I am already there right?

I swear I wipe the lens between every shot, still great pic though. I look forward to the future reports by you. Welcome to BFT brother!
[signature]
Wiper,

The water temperature, according to my sonar unit stayed between 61 and 59 degrees on the surface. With the cold nights up there I would have thought it would have been a bit cooler.
[signature]