Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Sunday
Made another trip to Rockport on Sunday. Started the morning with a perch on the south end.
[inline "DSC03130 - 400.jpg"]
The next fish was this nice little 15 incher.
[inline "DSC03133 - 400.jpg"]
Followed by this planter.
[inline "DSC03134 - 400.jpg"]
The rest of the day was one trout after the other. All were caught trolling. Five measured out at just over 15" and the rest of them were planters. Ended the day with 17, best day so far for the two young fishermen!

Here are three more of the 15 inchers.
[inline "DSC03142 - 400.jpg"]
[inline "DSC03143 - 400.jpg"]
[inline "DSC03144 - 400.jpg"]
Good job!!
That's some happy looking youngsters...
[signature]
Holy cow thats a nice Perch didn't know Rockport had perch that size. Rockport might be the spot this ice season. [Wink]
[signature]
the Cubs hat makes this post awesome
[signature]
[quote sinergy]Holy cow thats a nice Perch didn't know Rockport had perch that size. Rockport might be the spot this ice season. [Wink][/quote]
I guess you missed the reports from last winter but there were some nice perch caught there, up to 12 or 13 inches.
Talyn- way to go, getting the young ones on to some nice fish will build life long memories. Thanks for posting your report and pics.
[signature]
I am planning on possibly heading out Friday and hadn't yet determined where I was heading. May have to try Rockport. Can you give us a few more details? What were you trolling with? How deep? Etc.
[signature]
A sandy pond local was telling me yesterday how rockport is on fire right now. He was fishing from the shore and nailed a 3 1/2 pound rainbow trout as well as 12 stockers. Glad to see you had similar results. Great to see that the perch are showing back up again. Maybe this ice season we will see more of those on the end of the line!
[signature]
Love to see the youngins out there holding fish and wearing BIG SMILES.. [Smile] Thanks for the report and the Smile
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
[quote wiperhunter2]
I guess you missed the reports from last winter but there were some nice perch caught there, up to 12 or 13 inches.
.[/quote]

Whaat Now you tell me [Wink] I had a terrible Ice season last year I think only thing I caught was a cold and a hard time.[laugh]
[signature]
The perch was caught on an F5 flatfish trolling which was a surprise. I didn't know perch were in there either. It's back in the water at the south end!
DWR dumped over 40,000 10 to 12 inch bows in there last month.
[signature]