Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Lake Cleveland?
So I was scanning around a bit today via Google Earth (I love that app!), and I stumbled upon a lake by the name of Lake Cleveland. I was born and raised in Idaho, been here for 37+ years, and I have *NEVER* even heard of this one. Which I must say, I'm a bit embarrassed about.

Anyway, it looks like a decent place from the aerial photos. Anyone been there? How's the road? It looks to be paved most or all of the way up to the lake. Does it get rough around the actual lake and campground? How's the fishing?
[signature]
I live in Albion and make it up there 3 or 4 times a year. Paved all the way to the bank. It's certainly a hidden gem in Idaho and I would highly recommend making the trip. The leaves just started changing...PERFECT time of year to visit. Enjoy.
[signature]
no monsters in there, kind of a put and take lake- but very scenic, and a greatfamily camp destination. As long as you're on google earth, check out the Independance lakes- not far from there, but since you have to hike in a bit, less pressure.. i think there are even some greyling in one of them.
[signature]
Both lakes are great just small fish as stated but a wonderful place to camp and fish, don't know if its still closed or not but recent snow up there had everything above the ski lodge closed. it opens up late and closes early. I have head there are greyling in Independence but have never fished it.

[Image: lakecleavland013.jpg]

[Image: lakecleavland010-1.jpg]

[Image: lakecleavland012.jpg]

[Image: lakecleavland004.jpg]

[Image: lakecleavland016.jpg]
[signature]
Wow, great photos. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, I figured the access to the lake would be very short season considering the elevation. I'll have to try to get up there next year. Are the camping spots around the lake on a first come, first serve basis? I think the larger campground north of the lake is reserveable??
[signature]
Thanks, im not sure about reserving but im sure you could call the ranger district and find out. to tell you the truth all the times i have been up there there have been spots open. its changed a lot over the years. when they paved the road and designated camping areas it kinda shut the atv traffic down. a lot of people went to new areas that were more atv friendly. don't plan your trip to early as getting down to the lake sometimes is the end of july
[signature]