Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Crappie at east canyon?
just curious if anyone has ever picked up any crappie ice fishing at ec before. i always seem to get them in the spring like crazy, but every time i have tried to find any on the hard deck its nothin but a skunk. you dont need to say where on the lake, just some reassurance that it can be done there on the ice. thanks

"tight lines"
[signature]
Is EC iced over yet?
[signature]
i wouldnt think so, im seein if anyone has picked any up ice fishing in the past years. cause id like to get into some there as soon as it freezes.

"tight lines"
[signature]
I have fished EC many times and never seen anyone pull a crappie through the ice. 99% of the fish caught seem to be rainbows with a few tiger trout mixed in. I saw a guy get a smallie through the ice due to blind luck, but that is the only bass i have ever seen any one catch from the hard deck. Maybe there are a few anglers that target them from EC, but i don't think they will say where or how over the open forumn.
[signature]
Yes they r in there my best day on the ice with a pal on E.C was 22 and weve gotten sum toads from there up to 14in.. Most guys that r targeting them are very quite and wont share info. A good fish finder is a must ive done the best near the dam period. Punching holes looking for a pod of suspended fish will put them crappies on the deck !! They will be in the deeper water following the thermalcline as always.. And I to have spanked them in the spring during the spawn easy pickings [Wink]
[signature]
I think I may have seen a pod of them by the dam area suspended, but I couldn't get any to bite.

Justin
[signature]
thanks guys that gives me confidence in finding those crappie and knowing it can be done. ill be after them again by the damm ass soon as the hard deck sets in.

"tight lines"[fishin]
[signature]