Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
live from rockport.
Decided to fish rockport today. Fishing is pretty fast. I have only been here a half hour and pulled up 2 and miser 2. If anyone wants to join me come in up. I'm st the boat launch and driving a gray that used to be silver Toyota truck.
[signature]
I wish I could join you, Work damnit.....Keep the report coming it makes my work day a bit more bearable.
[signature]
How are ice conditions?
[signature]
The bite is still good. Landed 7 so far. The biggest about 18 inches. There is ice down at the southern end which makes me happy. Hopefully the temperature will stay cool. As for the boat ramp. It looks pretty icy.
[signature]
I finished up here at rockport with a total of 18 rainbows. The bite stopped cold around noon. Wind picked up and the lake got choppy. Ill post pictures up when i get home.
[signature]
Sounds like a good day... I imagine a bit nippy especially once that breez comes up. Thanks for the report looking forward to pictures
[signature]
It was a real good couple hours out there. My phone said the temperature was 18 degrees when I left. There were only 2 other people there when I was leaving.
The fish seemed to like garlic rainbow power bait about 2 feet off the bottom. They didnt want to touch anything else.

Here are the pictures and some of the ice that is forming.
[signature]
God that ice pic is getting me pumped! Looks like there will be some good bows for the ice season too!
[signature]
Nice pictures. Do they have an Ice Fishing tourney @ rockport?
[signature]
They had one last year but due to the issue of last year I am not sure if that is going to go.

There was a sign at the guard shack tha says there will be tagged fish in Rockport. Apparently the contest goes from 1 january to 15 march. That is all that it says about it on Rockports DWR page.
[signature]