Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Ice
I drove past Causey and thought I would check Ice conditions. I drilled 2 holes just off of the dam. The cloudy ice was about 4 inches and the clear ice was about 1.5 inches both holes were shallow. I think the clear ice was formed last night. The reservoir is completely caped the Wheatgrass and Ogden River arms look to have been ice covered for a while longer they had snow on them. There is a big swath of clear ice along the front of the dam (I think all of this ice was made last night but already 1.5 inches). I know a bunch of you guys are itchin so I thought I would pass this along. The edges were soft I stepped through getting on but there was good ice about 1 to 1.5 feet out.

Going past Pineview there was very little ice. My guess is it will be a week or two, however, it is dang cold it could go faster.
[signature]
So how was the fishin?

Thanks for the report.
[signature]
I was just checking ice conditions.
[signature]
You da'man..Thanks for venturing out and post'n the 411.. This is what makes a good forum. Thanks again.[fishon]
[signature]
It's been capped since Sunday...was tryin to keep it a secret [Wink]
[signature]
So much fer dat huh? Too many peeps out scavagin for the ice drug... But in this case I refuse to go to rehab...[bobhappy]
[signature]