Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 12/16/11
I Hit Causey this morning, but never could rub the skunk off.
I Never saw a fish let alone a school on the ole Vex. There were a couple of guys fishing real shallow that were catching some little tigers.

The ice was nice and thick, 7" to 9" everywhere I drilled.

I suppose I'll just have to try again tomorrow [cool]

Roman
[signature]
Thanks for the report--luck to you!
[signature]
Aw - that's Sad news. Ya'll got me so excited for Causey Kokes! Maybe it's what part of the lake you were on - specially if you had a Vex to see with. Thought I'd heard they like cruising past the dam.

Anyone have a Causey map? I'd like to get to know more about that place. Hope to hit it this winter!

Next time, right?!
The thing about causey is, when the kokes come throught it makes it all worth while but way too many times, it is just as you reported, slooow. How was the walk up the hill? Is the lake a little fuller, so the hike is shorter[:/]. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
The lake is not up at all. It's about 20-30' below the spillway. It looks pretty much the same as last winter.

Roman
[signature]
Thats what I figured, they usually lower the water level this time of the year but I always hope they will wait.[Wink]
[signature]
I was there on the 15th and managed to get nothing as well, fished shallow and deep still nothing not even a nibble. Ice was plenty thick 7 to 8 inches in the areas i tried.
[signature]