Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey wasn't *quite* a skunk
Daughter and I still trying to catch our first kokanee. Went to Causey. VERY slow day. Moved around and finally on our last move, almost dark, I caught a tiger and that saved us from the skunk. Had another tiger on but lost it at the hole.

Still sloooooowwww up there, but hopefully picking up since I went from zero the last couple of times to one (and one lost.)

Ice was nice, about 14 inches, but slicker than snot. Edges were pretty bad, kid fell in (just a leg) trying to get up the bank, and then we dumped the sled trying to get back up too. <sigh> but hopefully everything will be more or less dry for tomorrow.

Thinking of doing Starvation tomorrow. Hope the ice is still in pretty good shape down there.
[signature]
Keep on it dude. I've been watching your reports from the beginning, and you and your girl have been putting in your due time on the water. You guys are on the path to knowing how to dial in the fish wherever you go. You're EARNING your experience!
no help on my post here- just encouragement.
WORD!
[signature]
[quote joshomaru]Keep on it dude. I've been watching your reports from the beginning, and you and your girl have been putting in your due time on the water. You guys are on the path to knowing how to dial in the fish wherever you go. You're EARNING your experience!
no help on my post here- just encouragement.
WORD![/quote]

Thank you, Josh, we really appreciate that encouragement. We're determined to get that kokanee, and we'll keep trying hard![cool]
[signature]
yeah - what josh sed. You do have proof that there ARE some chunky Kokes in there at least! Still waiting for word that the Pig has iced, but I wouldn't mind trying one of the other bigger kokanee waters - even if it means more driving.

Hey Liz - I'll let you know how we do, but if you want to get on a mess of fish and are willing to drive North - you might want to hit up Hyrum. Be glad to meet for an outing. They may not be monsters or add to your exotics list, but sometimes a mess of tugs can do a lot for one's confidence.
I'm hopeful for a positive outcome. Would LOVE to get out to Starvation sometime. Be curious to know if Bunny Gulch is icing up... Go Get A Walleye!!!
My nephew and I were up there this AM, edges along the damn are bad, need a board to access the ice. Still over 12 in. once you get past the edge. We would have loved to have caught one fish. Quite a few people along the dam, never seen anyone land a fish.
[signature]
i was up there today too. not a stinkin bite.... this was my third trip up there this year none have been succsesful yet. Im waitin for PV to cap so after i get skunked at causey i can shake it off with a few perch.
[signature]
when you drove by pineview are they fishing the narrows yet thanks
[signature]
Hit PV yesterday and there were 3 guys on it. It didnt look good to me but went down and asked how thick it was and they said 7". 20' to the west was where the water had just barely capped and they said that was 2.5". Inlaws just went for a drive up there and showed me some pics and it looked like that was open again.
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]yeah - what josh sed. You do have proof that there ARE some chunky Kokes in there at least! Still waiting for word that the Pig has iced, but I wouldn't mind trying one of the other bigger kokanee waters - even if it means more driving.

Hey Liz - I'll let you know how we do, but if you want to get on a mess of fish and are willing to drive North - you might want to hit up Hyrum. Be glad to meet for an outing. They may not be monsters or add to your exotics list, but sometimes a mess of tugs can do a lot for one's confidence.
I'm hopeful for a positive outcome. Would LOVE to get out to Starvation sometime. Be curious to know if Bunny Gulch is icing up... Go Get A Walleye!!![/quote]

Cool thought, Yote, one of these days we'll head to Hyrum. Hoping my darlin' spouse gives us another kitchen pass tomorrow. Megustapescar has practices for some school performances so we'll be stuck non-fishing most of January, [frown] so hopefully he lets us have one last chance. But hey I might get out and do some fishing anyway. Maybe we can meet up sometime soon!
[signature]
[quote wyoguy]My nephew and I were up there this AM, edges along the damn are bad, need a board to access the ice. Still over 12 in. once you get past the edge. We would have loved to have caught one fish. Quite a few people along the dam, never seen anyone land a fish.[/quote]

Yeah same experience here. We've been there 5 times in the last couple of weeks, completely skunked 3 of them, caught a couple of little rainbows and a little tiger once, and caught that one tiger Friday.

I was talking to a guy up there and he shrugged and said "that's Causey. When you get into them though, you get into them big!'
[signature]
[quote redneck_delux]i was up there today too. not a stinkin bite.... this was my third trip up there this year none have been succsesful yet. Im waitin for PV to cap so after i get skunked at causey i can shake it off with a few perch.[/quote]

Us too, but it sounds like PV has been pretty slow too lately. Hopefully everything starts picking up soon!
[signature]
[quote BigBuck3333]when you drove by pineview are they fishing the narrows yet thanks[/quote]

When I've driven by I haven't seen anyone fishing on the Narrows yet, and the ice looks pretty scary still.
[signature]