Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey slow but got a few
The family and I got on the ice about 7:45 or 8:00 we went around the bend toward the camps next to a cliff stayed there for a good hour or so it was a complete waste of time i saw on fish on the flasher with no interest in my bait so after a little wile we moved down the canyon a ways almost to were it forks off ass soon as we punched the holes and i got my glow jig with a stack of waxies down to 35 feet something showed up at 32 ft i moved up a hair and hooked on to him surprisingly it was a little koke about 8 or ten inches so i threw it back because while i was reeling him in the wife and daughter both got simultaneous bites so i figured we were into them so we sat around for a while i moved about 20 feet drilled a hole and had fish checking out the offerings but it took a while and a few misses before a rainbow got hooked. an hour or so later started up the grill to cook some burgers and dogs and checked my second pole while that was cooking there weren't any wax worms on it so i re-baited dropped it to the bottom witch was 27 feet in this spot reeled up six turns since this pole wasnt under the flasher didnt even set it down before a brown excepted the bait, so i pulled him out re-baited once again i didnt set the pole down before i had another it looked like a cutbow but i didnt know there were any in there if someone knows wether or not cutbows are in there please let me know it had cutthroat marking under the jaw with a very thick red line running down the side of it after we fished a little longer there we walked back to the dam area straight across from the dam in front of the great big flat boulder the only one over there dropped down and caught a tiger trout my first ever so i was pretty ecstatic unfortunately the two hook ups the wife had both escaped probably with out lips and neither of the kids got anything either sorry i dont have pics my phone was berried under three layers of pants ice was easily 12" everywhere we drilled and slick also if the folks that helped me pull my ice house up the dam thank you very much my wife and i are grateful
[signature]
Glad you got into something there that place has been tough lately. How were the edges I am planning on heading there tomorrow.
thanks
[signature]
we took a couple 2x4's with us but didnt use them solid when we got there when we were leaving they were a little slushy we were using the longer glow jig in the six dollar pack you get from anywhere with 3 or 4 wax worms
[signature]
[quote Edogg03]we took a couple 2x4's with us but didnt use them solid when we got there when we were leaving they were a little slushy we were using the longer glow jig in the six dollar pack you get from anywhere with 3 or 4 wax worms[/quote]

I think we may have arrived at the same time Edogg... I was in the dark gray Xterra.

I fished about 75 yards off the south side of the dam... marked a lot of fish, but came away with the skunk!

Bagged it around 11:30a

Glad to hear somebody caught some fish!
[signature]
[quote mattpeace]Glad you got into something there that place has been tough lately. How were the edges I am planning on heading there tomorrow.
thanks[/quote]

No joke... [pirate]
[signature]
thanks for the info
[signature]
yeah i was in the old ford with the cold kids. we had to walk quite a ways and drill quite a few holes to find any but it was nice pulling fish out of water deeper than 8'
[signature]