Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Jordan River Fish on the Fly
[quote Yabsolutely]I just stumbled upon the jordan, kind of like that it gets overlooked and fishing it is interesting because you don't know what you'll catch, I've only fished off of winchester by willow pond, any other accesses or stretches you recommend for fly fishing? would be interested in getting out sometime and shown a thing or two. I'm used to targetting trout specifically[/quote]

That’s my old stomping ground; plenty off decent fish in that area. I’ve caught suckers, carp, mud/channel cats, and white bass in all of those deep pools along that stretch (the one they reconstructed a few years back, Winchester Park I think it’s ccalled). Dark wooly buggers bounced on the bottom or in front of feeding/rooting carp (they’ll see it, trust me), or a big glowbug - yellow or orange. FlyGoddess is the master of the Jordan on the fly, and she’d have better info, but those have worked for me.

I’ve caught Browns a little farther north on approx 5400 s and where the river crosses. There is an observatory/school field trip building there, and that’s usually where I get in. Fish a standard Provo river set up and you’ll get trout and maybe something bigger. Carp will munch pheasant tails too if they’re big enough or you plop it down in front of them.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Yeah, it would be great to share some water with ya again. Still kickin'...and motorin'.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]We are on the downhill slide for comfy tubin', but I will be launching until the water gets hard. Let me know if you wanna join up and we can plan something.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Ill walk a little further down next time and see what I can get into, this has been helpful. I sent flygoddess a message. Appreciate the positive feedback maybe I'll see you out on the water somewhere. Will be on the middle provo tomorrow all day and the lower weber saturday and sunday
[signature]