Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Happenings at Strawberry 10-4-03
[#000080][size 2] You ever grab a rod that was set up something other you were fishing for cast it out and catch a big honkin' fish? Me neither[Wink].[/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] I had a bass spinnerbait set up with 25 lb leader that I was using thursday night fishing with Hustler898. So, I go to my Dad "wouldn't it be cool if I caught something on this big ol heavy outfitt". I threw. There was a splash. Then a oh $hit look what I got. A 4 pound plus cutthroat just destroyed my 3/8 oz Pepper Hawg bass spinnerbait. I mean broken twisted heap of trash now. Three cranks of the reel and wham baby! Fight on! It was no match. The big bugger tried the death roll on the way in to no avail. 22" and a big belly. I thought I was going to have to keep it. After putting the fish back into the lake, the fish started to become a floaty. So, we scooped him back up and put him in the livewell. We went and fished for a while the cutthroat made a comeback so I let him go. Cool! catching a trout on a spinnerbait [cool]. [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Nice catch Tom. How was the fishing the rest of the day?
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]Only six fish total, four over 20". No wind at all. Very nice day. We were at Soldier Creek marina area. Didn't stray to far away. Thunderheads were sitting over the lake the whole time. Normally, this time of year we would in the "Narrows", or "Meadows, or right in front of the main marina. We fished with pointer 78 jerkbaits by Luckycraft. [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Way to go! Now I know I'm not alone. I caught a 3 pound brown on a spinnerbait below otter creek fishing for smallmouths at the spillway. Kind of cool that trout will bite that sort of thing.
[signature]