Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsmans Park @ AF
Thinking of going to sportsmans park in the morning with a freind and don't know if the ice is safe, any info would be appreciated. Thank You
[signature]
Talked to a friend that went today. He said it was good. They caught a few perch when i had talked to him and still out fishing. He said that it was hard to hook up, they were just picking at the jig.

He also said that there was someone down from him that had caught a 1.75 lb perch.

Sounds like it is worth the trip to me.
[signature]
Were you ice fishing ? If so how were the edges . Curt G.
[signature]
It was my friend. He said that it was good and the ice was 16'' thick. Take cleats he said the ice is very slick.

I think I am going to head west and hit Alexander or Condie tomorrow.
[signature]
Please report when you get back . I am trying to decide where to go on my day off next Wednesday . Curt G.
[signature]
I went to Alexander this morning, by the old bridge. It was very slow. I only had 1 bite. I pulled up 2 crawdads. I dug over 40 holes and tried both sides of the res. with no luck.

Ice is plenty thick over 20'' some edges had been melted but with the cold weekend access was not a problem.
[signature]
[fishin] Hit Sportsmans Park today, was trying for big trout and was fairly successful. We had 9 nice trout on and only landed 4 but they ran from 3-5 lbs. Talked to some guys that had been fishing there the day before and they said perch fishing was pretty good on saturday but I don't know how it was today.
[signature]