Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
I fish East Canyon almost weekly during the summer, but I have never ice fished it. Does anyone know if the hot spots in the summer are the same as the winter?

Thanks for the feed back, its nice to know that I dont need to walk the entire lake to find a good spot, either way a bad day fishing is always better than any day at work.
[signature]
Yes they are and welcome to the site Pkmint3.
[signature]
On thee flip side... the places I fish on ice do not produce for me in the summer. But we troll in the summer. A lot of it has to do with depth. I tend to fish shallower on the ice. Last week were catching fish in 5 feet of water.
[signature]
We have gone up to East Canyon every weekend for about the last month. Sometimes the fishing is pretty slow but it is always a good time. Pretty easy to get down onto the ice (if you have kids with you). Last weekend a group of us went up on Saturday and stayed the night in a yurt. Got a little bit of a late start Sunday (lost my ass at some beer pong in the yurt and we all had plenty of beverages) but we had a great time. Nothing like a fish party! Some pic from the last couple of times below.......
[signature]
I troll by the dam in the summer, is that where you think would be a good place to ice fish. I have always trolled too and tried jigging and have never been able to catch anything that way thats why I have been so hesitant to go ice fish the lake.
[signature]
I look for structure (points, rockpiles, brush). Fish always hang around structure because that's where the bait fish, crawdads, etc. hang out. We do pretty well most trips.[fishin]

TiteLines
[signature]
Do you have any idea how much it is to park at the boat ramp this year? Thanks!
[signature]
Not sur on the parking fee. We got ours free since we stayed in the yurts but additional cars was 10 bucks. Can't be more than that.
[signature]
I think it is $7 in the winter but they have a phone number you could call and check.
[signature]
PK.... PM sent
[signature]
How are the edges holding up? Is the ice still safe to walk across the lake or are there open areas?
[signature]