Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Anyone?
Debating EC or Lost Creek in the morning. Any recent ice condition reports would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
Which ever lake you pick, make sure you get there early the bite slows way down within a few hours of sun up. The ice is 15" thick at LC but the edges are wet around the ramp area of the lake. Hope that helps.
[signature]
Thanks, can you get on LC without a plank then?
[signature]
We did not use a plank but we waded through 2 to 3 inches of water to get on solid ice.
[signature]
Went to LC. Ice was good, but edges are soft. So So action all day. We couldn't find the Cuts though which was strange since it's loaded with them. Caught lots of bows about 12 inches. I had one real good fish break me off.

Justin
[signature]
Good to hear you made it out there, sounds like the same results we had, lots of bows, no cutts. Seems like in the summer all we catch is cutts by few bows, very stange but it could be location. The hatchery truck likely drops the fish at the ramp, maybe the bow stay there and the cutt move out into the main body of the lake[:/].
[signature]
Just wanted to know if i can drive to the boat ramp with a 4-wheel drive. Thanks
[signature]
Are the edges good enough for a 4 wheeler??
[signature]
Yea, you won't have a problem with a 4x4, I'm not sure if a 2wd would make it.
[signature]
I can't say how the edges are now but last weekend would have been bad if you had gone then. There was 4 ft of water before the solid ice. We did walk on it but I think a ATV would have had a hard time unless you had atv ramps, imo.
By the way, I still have your Banner, send me a PM and we can work out the details, so you can get it back.
[signature]