Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 2-18
Hit the Ice about 8:00am and fished till 12:30. Fishing was ok lots of super lite bites. We Iced 14 all of which were cutts none over 16 inches. Looks like you were right Curt more cutts out on the main lake we fished just off the dam in bout 100 feet of water catching fish in about the 40 foot portion of the column. We caught about half on Curlys and half on Trout Magnets droped below the Curlys. We did run into DWR surveying peoples catch for the day he was just giving up hope saying that very few were bringing in any fish and was calling it a day. He also said that last year they dumped 50,000 tiger trout and that hardly any of their surveys that the have been doing were showing any tigers and that they most likely won't be replanting them again. FWI new regs (for me atleast) they have a slot limit in place do to the rising population of chubs there.
[signature]
Hey Colby, good to hear you made it up there, sounds like you did good compaired to other local lakes. How where the edges? The DNR guy did a survey while we were there last week as well. Hopefully that slot limit will do some good on the chub population because if it does, they claim they could be putting kokanee in the lake some time in the future. [cool]
[signature]
The edges at actual dam were soft but straight down from the parking lot where everyone was getting on an off was great, not even any slush or water. Funny you say that about the Kokes cause we were talking about how good they could most likely do there. I like the sound of more salmon waters. I can honestly say though with out our ice 35 we may not have caught any fish..lol the bite was that lite.
[signature]
Kokenees hoooray! Still the news on the tigers is a bummer though. I really like those fish. Great report, way to drive all that way for some fish.
[signature]