Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Choice Fly Fishing Destination
Just doing a little opinion poll for a project. If you choose Option 5, let me know in a reply. Must be a stream/river.

Thanks!
[signature]
I have to say i have had great days with a fly rod on all the others but i would have to pick the SFSR! I grew up stomping the bank of the southfork and spent much of my young adult life floating the living crap out of it. from all the riffles and grass lined banks to the side channels. this river never ever gets old to me. I miss it so much.
[signature]
my favorites are any small creek in the region, fewer people and althought the fish are not always as big they sure are fun on my 3wt
[signature]
TETON RIVER
[signature]
you didn't specify Idaho or USA [:p]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ds7G9hF...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TF_LTgZmI
[signature]
I love the south fork! It always produces fish for me even when I have no idea what I am doing with a fly rod in my hand! The Henry's is beautiful but usually full of "purist"

If I was not limited to just Idaho I would have to take the Big Horn river in Montana. I float that 13 mile stretch about a dozen times a year and it always treats me right, especially during hopper season!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3]It's hard to beat the 3 Forks of the Boise on this side of the state for #'s and good fishable water. You don't get the size of the other mentioned spots but there are some pigs to be found on the South Fork. [/size]
[size 3]Nothing warms my heart more than the 14"-17" 'ers out of the Big Wood River in the middle of summer though. It can be heaven even when the fish aren’t biting.[/size]
[signature]
I actually meant to put "Wood River" instead of "Warm River," but that's all right. Thanks everyone for participating!
[signature]
Any high mount lake that requires I put a pack on my back to get to.
[signature]
a small creek in Colorado that very few folks fish because they are to lazy to walk to that has some absolute tanks swimming in it
[signature]
My favorite river is Lake Creek in Alaska during June, when you can chase the mighty King on a 10 wt, or play with 20"+ rainbows with a 5 wt.

Here at home I'll take the Henry's Fk with its prolific hatches and finicky rainbows that make your reel scream.
[signature]