Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on Rockport?
Haven't seen any recent reports on Rockport. Does anyone have any information on the ice and fishing conditions there? Is it worth the trip?
I'd like an update as well, anyone been up there in the last week? Did I meet you there a few weeks ago with Packfan?
[signature]
I was up there a few weeks ago, but the only person I talked to was a man named Ed who was there with his son.
That was a different Nut, called Fishnutt[Smile]
[signature]
Hey im only 50% nuts, the other 50% is fisherman.

ok, i guess im 100% nuts.[Smile]
[signature]
It was good to meet you Tim, did you guys catch any more after we left?
[signature]
Took the scouts camping there friday night. The ice has pulled away from shore 1-50 yards all along the shore. The inlet is ice free. Didn't try any fishing but the ice in the middle is strong enough to support 3 mule deer wandering around. It was getting dark so I don't know if they got off the ice okay or not.
[signature]
Nice to meet you to, we left a few minutes after you.
[signature]
My boy and I were out there on the16th was a little tough getting on the ice luckily I took some 2x4s we needed them to get on ice,but once we did the fishing was excellent. No tagged fish but we caught our limit and still tossed 3 back in. Everyone that braved the boards did wellour. Biggest was 17" but one guy caught one that was about 20"".going back out on Thursday
[signature]
Welcome to the site Allmine and thanks for the report. What area did you fish and were the edges the same everywhere or did you got on at a good spot[Wink]? How thick was the ice once you were on it?
[signature]
We got in at the 1st pullout after the damn thereof a little cove right at the bottom of hill.we got on with some logs that were there and set down the 2x4s as a precaution good thing we did cause some other guys were walking off on the logs and one guy went in. Luckily it was only waist deep. Once we got on, the ice was12 to 15". Like I said we'll be out tomorrow as well. Let you know how that goes I hope my 2x4s are still there, we left them there so if someone else needed them they'd be there
[signature]
Hoping to get a report on Rockport ice conditions as of 3-22-12. If it is still accessible where are you getting on the ice? Do I need to stop at the lumber yard, or has someone "donated" some planks? Hoping to access the lake from the Down Under campground or the Marina. Thank you for the information.
[signature]
I was at Rockport day before yesterday and it was pretty scary looking. I was on the state park end and everywhere I looked there was big open water spaces around all the edges, and big cracks going through the middle. On the dam end there weren't quite as big of spaces around the edges, or cracks. Even there the ice didn't look too trustworthy. There were people fishing the edges but no one on the ice. With the weather yesterday and today I think honestly you'd be taking your life in your hands to try to go out on the ice, and you'd need less of a plank and more of a suspension bridge to get on it in the first place.

I fished both the edges on the state park end, and the river. Got a few bites, but all I caught was a nasty sunburn.

If you do go out, please...please...be super super careful and spud the ice as you go.
[signature]
Well guys the ice fishing at Rockport is done. I went out yesterday and was able to get on Ice but I didn't dare stay out as every step I took thrice would crack and I couldn't step any lighter if I tried (and I was). We went ahead and hung around as I brought the long poles just in case. We did ok. We went over close to the inlet and that was slow than we went over to where we fished the week befor and reeled in three pretty nice fish.
[signature]