Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nifty Anchor Deck for Pontoon
Hi, all

I check this forum almost daily for news, banter, and ideas. You keep me motivated.

Almost 10 months ago, I purchased a Scotty anchor rig but couldn't really come up with a quick or inexpensive way to mount it on my Classic Accessories pontoon. Welp, necessity is a mother, so they say. One day last week while organizing the garage (to help my fishing gear fit better!), I spied a discarded plastic soda crate - light bulb flash! One trip to the hardware store for a 97 cent bag of bolts and 20 minutes later, I had my solution. I liked it so much after a test voyage, I duplicated the system for my daughter's toon. I was never enamored of the "aft deck" for my 'toon because the fabric sagged into the water and anything I stored back there was always soaked. The plastic soda crate must have been designed by a pontoon lover [Wink] because it wedges exactly into the space on top of the fabric deck and a bit under the seat frame. I didn't have to modify the crate one bit - not even the holes for the bolts. They were already there. How lucky is that? There is even a handy clip on the back of the seat that locks the crate into place so it can't pop out at an importune moment. Slices of pool noodle fit perfectly into the crate so that I now have a place to store spare rods or a flag pole. Some day I would like to design an umbrella mount for the back deck. In the meantime, enjoy the anchor deck assembly pics below.
[signature]
Slick! Multi tasking as well. Well done!
[signature]
Great ideas! Much better than just the fabric cargo sling, and the pool noodle rod holders look like they work great.
[signature]