Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard today 04/21/2012
Well, I was holding out to fish Willard untill may but when a call came in from Walleye Wizard (aka Mike4Cobra) I couldn't resist. We Hit the pond about 730. Didn't catch a fish till about 9 0r so and the bite shut off at 1130. We ended up cathcing a few walleye, a catfish and we, or should I say "I" lost too many. Should have caught our limit of fish but my amature a$$, couldn't keep em hooked. Draggin Lindy rigs. Excellent Weather and Fishing.[Wink]
[signature]
You forgot to mention the epic double header while i was throwing the net at ya[Wink]! Thanks for going, after inviting ya for a couple years. There were still males milting and all their bellys were empty when cleaned. When you say the bite shut off.... it really shut off. Fish were in about 9-10ft of water. Water temp was 55 at launch and 60 when we got off. I think with the amount of boats today there were a few people in the fish. Like trophyboat said the fish came of lindys at about .5 mph, and we seen another boat get a couple pitchin jigs, so they are still being slowww. That should change with the water temp. I thought they would start hot on blades with the warm water but willard threw me another curve ball... [fishin]
[signature]
Nice going. Looks like someone knows how to get on em! Sweat fish, sweat ride!
Hear anything about crappie in the harbor? Sure was warm enough to day to be turning on some fish!

Sounds like the eyes are doing pretty well this season. Nice.

Thanks for the report.
We stayed around the south end of the lake. We didnt hear anything about the north. I would imagine any day now. It sucks the camera is down or we could just watch for the crowds.[fishon]
[signature]
Mike4cobra Nice to meet you we started in freeway bay 1 walleye on the ledge, Then we went over to the humps out from the north marina 1 walleye, Headed out to the light pole 2 walleye 3 wipers cranks was used on all fish 1.2 mph. Thanks for the tip on the nitecrawlers
[signature]
Glad to see you got into them. Wipers are hard to come by so far this year, hopefully that should change. Seems like walleye are in all of their usual spring time haunts. I was kinda surprised to hear your setup, man you cover all avenues to put fish in the boat! All you need is a crappie setup out the back and you should catch about every species in the lake[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks for the invite[:/]
[signature]