Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey TubeDude
I can't find the club board about the meeting tomorrow so I will ask a question here.

Can we turn the meeting tomorrow into a yard sale too? Just everyone bring stuff they would like to sell and/or trade?

I have a bunch of lures that haven't been wet for years and a rod or two that will never see the water again and I don't want to try and piece it out on KSL.
[signature]
Sounds like a good idea to me either 26th or perhaps at another club meeting. I have an H-3 that I would not mind parting with for a few extra bucks.
[signature]
Ya we should have a fishing swap meet another date that would be cool [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have no objections if someone wants to bring something to put on their table with a price tag. But I think it makes more sense to make that the highlight of a future meeting...to give others a chance to sort through their "treasures" and to put together a proper display.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good idea but I suspect there will already be a lot of hassle with getting the tubes and toons set up and taken down...and the wandering and BSing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Something to discuss at the meeting. And if the tables and pavillion at Willow Park Pond look like a good setup we might even make it back there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is not a dictatorship with restrictive rules. Just sayin' that it might be overkill to try to combine both in one meeting. However, if someone has something to display and sell go head on 'til your head hurts.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No...I'm not losin' it by replying to my own post. But after thinking about this a bit I have arrove at the thought that having a tackle swapmeet would be a good idea for the whole BFT membership...not just tubers and tooners.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We could just toss out the idea and let someone else run with it...or we could host it (TnT) and invite all who wish to either sell or buy. Might be some good publicity for the club and it would definitely result in more potential buyers for any loot we are trying to unload. Heck, we could even advertise it to the general public. Again, more people to buy our stuff and good publicity for BFT.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If we found a suitable outdoor location (free) with plenty of parking...for people and boats...it could evolve into a pretty big thing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Maybe we should do a test "Tackle Swap" with the "TnT" folks and if it works out well we could move to something bigger. Either way I think this is a great idea.
[signature]
Interesting idea![cool]
[signature]