Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to Idaho Fish and Game
I saw on the news tonight that Fish and Game is draining 2 ponds @ Hagerman WMA, salvaging what few blue gill and bass there is- eliminating the carp that were introduced in them and restocking them with more bluegill and large mouth bass.
Now if they would only set a size limit on harvest AND ENFORCE IT, maybe we could have some fun fishing there in a couple of years.[fishin]
[signature]
I have been trying to get the F&G to put limits of some sort on all species. In my case I pointed out that planted catfish are a limited resource. Why have an unlimited harvest on a a limited resource? Who needs to keep 200 crappie in a day?
Ron
[signature]
Who would want to clean 200 crappie in a day! I bet alot of them will end up wasted simply because "the bite is on" and greed set in.
Would love to see a 50 fish limit or less limit on crappie. Didn't know there was no limit on catfish, arent 5 or 6 of those big ones enough for a great fish fry?
[signature]
That is what I am talking about. I know one family a couple years ago that kept 1800 crappie from strike. Anyone had any luck with crappie lately? Ron
[signature]
Keeping 1800 crappie from strike is disgusting. Im a strictly catch and release kinda guy, but im all for people keeping and appropriate amount. I cant imagine 1800 fish being an appropriate amount for any person. Its great to hear what idaho fish and game is doing. Those bass ponds can be alot of fun. Get down to the waterfall and youll find some absolute monsters. They are a little slow on the bite right now. But as soon as these water temps rise they start biting anything you put in front of them. I've caught 6+ pound fish out of there.
[signature]