Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic is SMOKIN
Fly fished Magic today and tore em up! BIg fish , lotsa fight, one of the best times ever there.
Even saw boats trolling flies hooking up regularly.
[signature]
What flies were you using and what was your general location? When you say big fish, that can be different for each fisherman. So what were the lengths of the fish?
[signature]
Over by Seagull Island with canadian blood mohair, black and tan leaches and freddy flies. Most fish in the 17-20 inch range, some over twenty and the biggest at twenty four. Don't care who ya are-those are fun fish on a fly rod!
[signature]
Thanks!!! Those are my kind of big fish. I was worried that your kind of big fish were 12 to 14 inchers. Now all one needs is time. A person can buy that can't they?
[signature]
Where is seagull island? Is that the island right off lava point? I'm headed over there tomorrow. Were you in a boat or fishing from the bank? Thanks for the report and all the info!

Cole
[signature]
The island by Lava Point is Biscuit Island, Seagull is towards the dam betweeen Seagull Bay and Railroad Bay.
I was in my pontoon.
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
Great report. Thanks for sharing!

What sink rate line were you fishing? Did the bite last most the day? I've been itching to hit Magic.
[signature]
Using a number one slow sink-counting down to about 20-25 and retrieveing fairly slow. Caught fish till I pulled out at 3:00 pm
[signature]
Excellent. Thanks again. I might try to get up there this week. If I do, I'll let you know how I do.
[signature]
Thanks for the report been wanting to get up there and try it out [cool]
[signature]
I have never heard of a Freddy Fly, what do they look like? It would be great to see a photo of one.
[signature]
Freddy fly is just a name we call it localy around here because the guy who tied it first is from here and thats about the only fly he would ever use, his name was Fred Webster.
It's just like a black and tan leech only its black and yellow verigated channiell, black hackle, red flash.
[signature]
Hey thanks for the description. I think I can tie a few of those before I go.
[signature]
Well, Magic is a fickle mistress. After doing so well last weekend I couldn't wait to get back up there, however, she didn't treat me so well today, seems like the fish were short striking the fly, i had 14 grabs and only caught 6 fish[:/]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Im meeting a buddy up there tomorrow to fish out of his jet boat and i will report back.
[signature]
Hey 2dogs, to answer your question that you asked me out on the lake - my handle is Truchas Ole. I never look at my handle so I couldn't remember. It was great meeting you. After I left you I finally had a hook up that took my fly. He did some spectacular jumps trying to shake the fly. I headed over to where I told you I normally fish. Boy was it crowded with boats and people. I ended up releasing 16 all about 18". I had one take me into my backing before it came off. It was a good day of catching once I moved. I have two dogs as well. Maybe I might just run into you bird hunting someday.
[signature]
Hey, nice to put a face to the handle. Sounds like you really got into them. Guess I'll have to try that spot some day.
You can generally find me on the chukar hill or in a duck blind in the fall, give me a hollar and maybe we can work the dogs on birds together sometime.
[signature]
Fishing was great today, perfect weather the catching not so much. we boated 5 on fire tiger needelfish and green orange wooly buggers. but they were great looking fish. here is one my buddys daughter wanted to keep for dinner. was really suprised to see how full it was. never seen it full before.

[Image: DSC04497.jpg]

[Image: DSC04486.jpg]
[signature]