Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First tube trip next week Woohoo!
It's been a long time coming but next week is almost here. Got my friend from Saginaw coming in for his first float tube trip and altogether we have six participants.
Heading to southeastern Ohio to the reclaimed strip mines to go after bluegill. Used to camp previous years but we're all getting a little long in the tooth for that. Found a private vacation chalet that we could rent for 3 days within a 20-30 min. drive of where we normally fish. We've got a couple of hot spots about a 1 1/2 mile hike back into the sticks after we get there and it's 100% game on after that.
Last year it was cold and rainy but we still smoked'em. This year they should be in full spawn or just into post spawn. Doesn't seem to matter much down there...............I'll post up some pics when we get back.
Boz
[signature]
Sounds like it will be a fun time. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There is sometimes some good fishing to be had in water-filled mine pits. Lots of them around the country. When I lived in northern California there were "dredger ponds"...long shallow lakes...that were the remnants of big commercial gold dredging operations of days gone by. Used to enjoy some great bluegill and bass fishing there. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck and post a report.[/#0000ff]
[signature]