Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry (report)
Took the younger kids to strawberry yesterday.Got the boat on the water at soldier creek about noon.In the first hour of trolling in the narrows I put a repala on one line and a needlefish on the other.It was fairly slow,so I put a frog super duper on my 8 year old daughter's line and a white with black and red spots jakes lure on my 10 year olds line.Before my daughter got the frog lure out completely she hooked into a nice fish (26" cut)It was all her little arms could do to get him in.The rest of the trip I don't think that lure ever spent more than 3 min in the water without a fish on(and my daughter would not give it up)I didn't have another one.Final fish count Monica-36,Travis and dad 19,all cuts most 10"-15",a few 16"-19",and monica's 26" all cuts,all released for another day.Personal note to self,buy more super duper frog lures.P.S.I also saw a nice 4-point laying under a tree not far from shore,I found it quite funny with all the hunters cruising the lake.I chose to not reveal his secrete hideout to anyone.
[signature]
Sounds like your family had a great day on the water. It was a great day to be at strawberry yesterday, the water was like glass and the fishing was excellent. That 26" cutt is a nice catch.
[signature]
Whats the deal with the frog colored lures, you are the third person that has reported using some type of frog colored lure this weekend and everyone has been kicking butt. Great report, sounds like a great day on the water. WH2
[signature]