Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the weeb/ rockport 5/21/12
got up sunday morning and didnt have a specific spot to go fishing today but decided to get in the truck and drive to see where i end up, about half way up parleys me and my dad decided to go try the middle weber and see how the flows were. And to my surprise the river is definaly higher then it was last week by atleast a foot, it was off colored but not muddy and sometimes the high water can produce good nymphing there so we gave our shot at it. fished this one hole that always produces and i didnt even get one nudge at my flies same with my dad cause hes usually getting more when we flyfish anyways. continued fishing that area for about an hour an a half with no luck, being desperate to catch some fish we thought where could we go to catch some trout for the smoker real fast, ROCKPORT i thought so thats where were headed. got there at about 9 30 am and fished about 500 yrds from the damn on the west side. started fishing with the bait that will always give you action and that was rainbow sparkle PB, fished 2 hours and we both had our limits pretty fun but the biggest being only 17 inches.
And yes that was the first time ive gone out ona lake and ski-dooshed it with powerbait, but it was good to get some tugs and some smokers. also all the boats that were trolling in front of us off shore were hammering the trout aswell. thanks guys

P.S if you dont understand when i say ski dooshed about powerbait fisherman its because thats the noise it makes when you toss a big wieght or water bubble out there. no tagged fish either[frown]

tightlines
[signature]