Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber, S. Fork Ogden/ Causey 5-23
Well I did it! 5 trout species in 3 days! Cutts, bows, browns, brookie, and a tiger trout!

Weber River - Arrived at 4:30pm and saw the flows were HIGH AND FAST!!! Well the waders were a waste but my twin managed 6 browns and I got 2 before I wanted to leave after an hour of being there. I was using a gold blue fox in #2 and #1. ETDT was using a rainbow rapala CD 3 and a CD 7.

ETDT and his brownie
[Image: 791399.JPG]

South Fork Ogden River - Having never fished this before today was the day to try. With 2 hours of sun left to kill I was determined to get a fish. The 1st fish got away but to my surprise it looked golden. I thought what an odd brown? A few holes later I got my 1st ever river tiger trout to hand. Whoops I forgot the stringer so in the waders this fish went. Bit uncomfy for both of us but what happens on the river stays on the river. Near dark I saw a guy coming up river. We chatted and he told me that he caught around 30 fish downstream from me. Well I was the late bird today and just had to deal with sloppy seconds. I managed 1 more brown trout and a few bites despite the guy getting there 1st. I was using a gold blue fox in #0.

My tiger from the river
[Image: 791400.JPG]

Causey - My twin remained at Causey and lost a bunch of nice tigers on a pumpkin pepper jig. DuckDog1us we have a place/spot for you that has BIG tigers if you want the favor returned for those berry slot busters!
[signature]
you know me when you say lets go fishing im probably already in the car
[signature]
I gotta get me some of those pumpkin peppers that you keep talking about...! Sounds like an awesome day. Nice fishing!
[signature]
[quote duckdog1us]you know me when you say lets go fishing im probably already in the car[/quote]

Sent you a text about it.
[signature]
[quote LurkinLizard]I gotta get me some of those pumpkin peppers that you keep talking about...! Sounds like an awesome day. Nice fishing![/quote]

I will PM you the link. I will give you some if ya fish with us.
[signature]
careful up there on the S fork heading towards causey. alot of the private property is marked with painted rocks and the land owners have been known to call the sherrif on you... happened to us, no ticket thank goodness
[signature]
We were up there on the S Fork last year, not knowing we were on private land either... All the sudden we hear 6 rounds go off into the river about 100 yards behind us. About 30 minutes later, guy walks up ready to do who knows what. Didn't get the cops called, wouldn't of cared even if we did because of the use of his firearm. But damn, these land owners are getting desperate! We almost called the cops on him because we knew at that point they were intended for us and nothing else. I was freaking PISSED! I now carry my 45 with me everywhere I go! All fun and games, till someone gets hurt. Sure as S*** ain't gonna be me!
[signature]
Now that is out of control!
[signature]
great dark colors on that tiger and the light on the cam makes it look better, nice brown too.

tightlines
[signature]