Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buck's Bags Roughneck

[Image: img_5443.jpg]

I thought this looked like an interesting alternative that I hadn't seen before. I am not in the market to buy. I just happened to see it, and thought some that are looking for a new tube might be interested.

I wish they said how much it weighs too.

http://store.bucksbags.com/fishing/float...hneck.html
[signature]
Nice to see another option out there for added choice and continued competition in the market. However... a few things stood out to me that concerned me beyond the $400.00 price:

Hmm that's an interesting location for the valves to be. Hopefully you can get to them easy enough out on the water to let out a bit of air as the day warms up.

The 2 year warranty of a tube claiming to 'set the bar high for toughness' seems kind of short and missing the point.

Not sure I like the curved front of the pockets. I like to stack up my gear in there and that would impact things a bit. Also no "D" rings on the outsides of the pockets so gear attachment looks to require some extra effort.

I'd also like to see better pictures for the area behind the seat. Clearly the cargo deck is shown but it also looks like there is something under that more like what other tubes have that would let you set things "into" that back area. But I'm unsure as it might be simply what they set the tube on to take the picture...

It does not say but it looks like the bags are removable when you zoom in on the pics as there appears to be a "D" ring before and after them that the bags attach to. Maybe that would help with gear attachment too. Just more info needed for the features they have I think.

Maybe they want to give a few out to get some reviews? [Wink]
[signature]
All good points.

It does say removable bags.

It almost looks like the seat sits on a floor of some sort, and I think that continues up behind the seat.

If I was wanting to buy this, I would be sure to call and get some more info on the tube. Things such as you have mentioned and more about the materials and weight etc.

Bucks is usually known for good quality, but I haven't seen this in person either.

I just thought it was interesting to see another option out there.
[signature]
This coming from a guy floating a Freestyle that retailed for$600.???? LOL

That is a nice tube and I agree great alternative. Bucks Bags are solid in every way. I believe that is a dry shelf on the back. Removeable of course. I like it.

I would like something like that for the front of my Assault. Put my lunch or even Baxter up there, he, he, he
[signature]
Well my freestyle didn't run me that much and even if it did it would have come with a 15 year vs their 2 year for 400.00. I have very much enjoyed my H3 that you sold used to me and would very much wish for them to have continued making and selling them. I've been very satisfied with the H3. What I find myself doing on the occasion is wondering what I'd replace it with if I had to. So it was from that perspective that I made the comments I did above, though I clearly didn't read close enough to catch the removable bags line... [Smile]
[signature]
I know, TD and I have both begged Dave to bring back the H3.
[signature]
Interesting. Bladderless and like hnaf says, just a 2 year warranty. Come on Bucks, don't you believe in your product? Make it a 10 year and you'll have a winner
Uh, i I didn't see any dimensions. How long and wide is it? What diameter is the tube? What type of valves does it have. Are the bags waterproof?
I'll probably think of more later.

Just found something doing what I should have done before. Use Bing and my brain.
From Bob Marriots site:
The new High Adventure "Roughneck" float-tube sets the bar high for toughness, comfort and freedom of movement! It glides effortlessly across the water while supporting up to 300lbs., has 3 separate air chambers for safety and allows easy entry and uninhibited leg movement for maximum comfort and efficiency. Made from ultra-tough PVC coated fabric, the bladderless construction is similiar to that of expensive white water rafts!
* Mesh cargo deck with 4 "O" rings for tie-downs
* Inflatable seat, built like a raft floor for superior structure and back support. Also serves as an additional flotation device for safety
* Removable tackle pockets! Large, foam-sided pockets ("16x7"x5") provide lots of room and easy access with the double zippered top. Foam padded drink holder in back
* Mesh stripping apron effectively contains fly line
* Dual high-output valves provide fast inflation and deflation for both main chambers
* Overall size "62Lx40"W. Provides a 300lb capacity
* Weighs 18lbs.

Still- 2" shorter, 5" narrower and 6 lb. heavier than a SFC.
Quite a bit smaller than an H3
I though it would be larger, but with a 300 lb rating, I should have figured that out.
[signature]