Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 trips to East Canyon
I'm trying to catch one of the Cabelas tagged fish so I can get a new bass boat. I went to East Canyon with my dad last Saturday in his canoe. We only caught 3 fish one was a good sized small mouth and two small rainbows. Went up on Monday fished for 5 hours from the shore only caught 1 small rainbow. Went up yesterday for an hour and a half and got no bites. I don't know if the lake is just to full but the fishing is sub par there right now.

Has anyone else caught any tagged fish besides the guy up at Mantua a week ago?
[signature]
In my experience, East Canyon, like a lot of other trout waters, is harder to fish the higher the water gets. I have fished there in July and had the same thing happen. The best times I have gone are either when I was ice fishing, or in mid autumn. As far as the Cabelas tag, I don't know, I haven't heard anything.
[signature]
I was at EC on Monday also. I was in my boat and did well all day that I was there. Trolled from the riggers with RMT dodgers and a variety of RMT squids and Radical glow grubs and we had a blast. None of the fish were tagged, bummer for me, gonna hit it again soon. All bows were healthy and no parasites on any of the fish. They all fought well to.

I was in the green Tracker.
[signature]
was up there a few days ago and the bass are startiong to bite finally but i havent hit my crappie cove in my tube in the last 2 weeks, usually they turn on when the bass slowly start biting, probly going this weekend one day. but my dad fished for trout while i fished for bass and he only caught two dink planters.
[signature]
Sounds like the down riggers were doing the trick. To bad for me they wont work on the canoe. maybe I should use a leaded line next time.
[signature]