Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May Meeting Review
[cool][#0000ff]Had our first meeting at the Eagles' Lodge in Murray (UT) last night. Had a good turnout (about 15) in spite of some vacations and graduation things that kept a few members away. Had a good variety of goodies on the tables and some of it left with new owners. That's the idea.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Discussions indicated that members would like the idea of having at least "mini" swaps at meetings on a regular basis. Maybe making that the first half hour or so every other month. A good way to share what you no longer need with others who are looking for your items...at good prices.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also talked about setting up a sub-board on the Float Tubing board for Buy, Sell & Trade. We have members all over the country who might like to participate to "download" tubes, waders, fins or other goodies popular with tubers and tooners. Whaddayathink?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Finished the meeting last night talking about some of the Utah waters and what the best prospects are for good fishing over the next month. Also talked about having a "floatilla" and fish fry at Starvation sometime this summer. If enough folks wanna play we can reserve an on the water campsite at Rabbit Gulch and hit it on a Saturday...for the benefit of those who can't fish during the middle of the week like some of us oldsters can.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just a note in advance, TubeBabe and I will be in California during the last week of July so we will have to miss that meeting. But I'm sure that LeeC and the rest of the folks can do without us.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Have a great June. Should be one of the best fishing months this year.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of you. TD shared some of his wisdom and I scored a lot of shiny new trinkets for my next outing. The wife made fun of me for playing with my little toys as I sorted them neatly into my tackle box. [Smile]

Thanks to TD and LeeC for being so willing to talk fishing and teach me so much in such little time.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It was good to meet you too...along with a couple of other newbie members. We are growing in numbers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope the new bling works well for you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#502800]I really tried to make this one, although I'm not keen on driving in SL. Some unexpected company showed up as I was trying to escape.[/#502800]
[#502800][/#502800]
[#502800]Count me in on the Starvy thing and if anyone wants to go mid week, that's good too.[/#502800]
[#502800][/#502800]
[#502800]Is there a list of members?[/#502800]
[signature]
Consider the Twins in on the Starvy trip. Glad you all had a good time...kinda tempting to go to the next meeting...tempting.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Of course there will be other trips midweek. That's when WE get in most of our best work. And of course you are always invited. Maybe you can make it all the way to the lake the next time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Will be making a list to post on the club board soon. Still getting some new members but obviously not all dedicated members make it to every meeting.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sorry I missed it but remain interested in the club. Would also enjoy a get-together at Starvation.
[signature]