Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Report Bear Lake 10/18/03
Sorry for the delay on my report but I forgot my camera at home. We hit bear Lake Saturday at about 8:30 in the morning. When we arrived at the rockpile it looked just like the cisco run. 17 boats counted in that little spot. We jigged all over out from the rockpile and only caught one small cutt. We decided to troll in the afternoon for a little before heading home. We trolled a J13 grey rapala and a j13 brown trout rapala. We trolled in 30 to 45 feet of water with our riggers set at 25 feet. We only trolled for 10 minutes when we hooked a 10 pound laker. We had one other on for a little while but lost it by the boat. They both took the grey rapala. Overall it was a little slow but the 10 pounder made it worth trip over. Off to Cancun Mexico this weekend so those macks will have some time to get over being love sick before I hit them in a couple of weeks. Picture included is the 10 pounder. Can anyone figure out why all my pictures are of my son holding fish and never of me? Must be one great dad or one horrible fisherman.
[signature]
Very nice fish!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I talked with some friends who fished there Sunday and said the fishing picked up a little. From what they said, Jim Stone hooked a good one with a client and a couple guys using their electric to jig the backside of the pile, hooked up on a couple nice ones; one close to 20#. That's a good fish for the Bear. My friend caught a few smaller ones but hit two fairly good cutts over 6#.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Did they get a pic of the one pushing 20#
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]No pics as far as I know so you can take it as heresy but the guy has a good eye for fish and has fished the Bear for many years so I'll take his word for it.[/size][/font]
[signature]