Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon in a pontoon I win!!
Today was a very good day. I got to the river about 6:00am and started to fish about 7:00 I wanted to try a little different set up. I didn't see anything on the fish finder and nothing was jumping. At 10:00 I saw a Sturgeon jump. I got over there quick and dropped a line. BAM I am on!!! As soon as the hook sinks in the fish is in the air. I had quite a fight but it didn't last long It took me less than 10 minutes to land him. This fish was about 4 foot maybe a pinch more.

[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon1A.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon1B.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon1C.jpg]

SO I went back out to the spot. Again I see a sturgeon do a tail stand about 10 yards from the boat and BAM!! I got another fish on. WOW this fish pulled hard. But it was another "cookie" sturgeon 4 foot maybe a pinch more.

[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon2A.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon2B.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon2C.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon2D.jpg]

I thought WOW maybe 3 is a charm. I get back to the spot and BAM!!!!
This fish fought good too. At one point he did a big splash right in front of my feet and then went under the boat. I had a couple of tense moments there.

[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon3A.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon3B.jpg]
[Image: 6-22-12Sturgeon3C.jpg]

Well I thought to my self there is no way I am going to hook up again. SO I go back out to the honey hole and NOTHING! The river flow was changing a bit and I could not hold in the hole. I started to drift down to the bottom of the hole and another fish rolls and BAM!! I got #4 on. From what I saw he looked about the same as the others. Then all of a sudden I feel him working into a rock and I thought I lost him. A couple more moments and he has me wrapped on a rock and my line busts.
It was an unbelievable day for me. I was beat by the time I was done. I landed all three fish in less than 30 minutes total. I have video that I will be posting soon. Ron
[signature]
Now that is just cool. Do you take a pair of ski's along just incase you hook a big one so that you can get some play time in?
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Hooking the big one is going to be a lot different battle than these "little" ones. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Small sturgeon but they would be humongous catfish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote a_bow_nut]Now that is just cool.[/quote]

^^^^^^^THIS!!!!! [cool]
[signature]