Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek
Just got back from Lost Creek and we had a good day there, catching 25 to 30 bows and cutts. Most were about the size of those Pig kokes but a few were 14 to 15 inches. I got one surpise using a lure I used last year, it was the hot lure for me today but the reason it worked so well today but did not work last year, was the distance between the dodger and the lure. Last year there was a foot or so between the dodger and the lure, today I shortened the distance to 6 or 7 inches and boy did it make a difference. There were a bunch of people up there today, more than I've ever seen before. There was a fish and game guy there that was doing a creel survey that told us he had counted over 88 people. Must have been 15 to 20 boats, canoes, float tubes, pontoons, even one big pontoon boat, it was crazy.
WH2
[signature]
Camera broke?
just teasing. So some more. . .
what a mod going out fishing, then reporting on it?

Sounds like some fun. So seems they liked some faster dancing? That's been one of my "keys" - presentation speed. Seems like sometimes they wanna see some action, then it might be when it stops - they hit!

Were you using riggers or planer boards?
I gotta get trolling. Been a while....
[quote CoyoteSpinner] .
what a mod going out fishing, then reporting on it?
[/quote]

Agreed....thats 2 mods in 2 days....looks like a trend is starting to occur here.
[signature]
LOL, most of the time I don't feel my reports are worth the effort but the reason I didn't add more info was I was beat from only getting three hours sleep, so I figured I would post the basics and reply today with the rest[Wink].
Yea, we were using riggers and lead core line, even long lined it for a while in the morning, we did try the side planner but no luck with that method. The only pics I took were of the people on the shore and the small airplanes flying over us, . Water temp was 65* and we were trolling at 1.5 to 1.8 mph. Water level arreared to be down 4 to 5 ft from full pool. Fish were jumping everywhere when we arrived at 6 am, we were off the water by 12:30pm. I hope the new slot limit does that lake some good, I guess time will tell.
[signature]