Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Cat 4 Inflatable seat
I just thought that I would mention that the Creek Co ODC 420 inflatable seats do fit the Fish Cat also.

I am not seeing them on the Creek website currently. They do run out and backorder, so that may be the issue right now.

Anyway if you happen to have some .... they work.
[signature]
Here is the URL for the inflatable seat on Creek's site, I saw it once so I did a search of their site and found it again. Do you have the dimensions of the seat, I am curious to see if it (the bottom cushion) will fit my Bucks Bags Bullet without to much trouble.

http://creekcompany.com/product.php?prod...t=0&page=1
[signature]
I have also used the seat bottom on my Caddis Navigator II
tube when it was a hike in situation. My old Caddis is much lighter than my Fish Cat 4

The seat bottom inflated out of the pocket is about 20 inches wide 24 inches long ( includes the middle small chamber) and about 6 1/2 to 7 inches thick. If your seat pocket is slightly smaller I think that is a good thing as you want the inflated seat to push against the material before it is fully inflated. I know that in the Fish Cat it probably isn't 7 inches thick as it takes up the pocket.

[inline "Creek ODC 420 seat.jpg"]
[signature]
I think I will try it, if nothing else it will make the solid seats at the ballpark easier to tolerate, HEE HEE [laugh]
[signature]
It should fit on your Bullet fine. When I use it with the Caddis Navigator II, I strap it on with a couple of cheap Walmart 1 inch wide straps. Then I use those same straps for packing the tube. The seat also has a kind of strap pocket in the middle that you could probably use.

Remember that as you sit up higher the tube may be a bit more tippy as your center of balance is higher. It was a non-issue for me as the Navigator seat is so low in the first place.
[signature]
Thanks for that bit of advice, although I wouldn't mind getting my fat butt up out of the water a little bit more. I was thinking about using some sort of additional floatation as I sit so low in the water, maybe my setup is wrong? I know it is not the inflation as I can hardly squeeze the tube when I inflate it, Hmmm
[signature]
I really don't think you will be too high. As I looked at a picture of a Bullet, the seat sits about as low as it does on my Navigator. It is very nice to sit up a little higher with the air cushion. It makes it easier to cast, and it isn't as cold in the cooler months. Try it....I think you will like it.
[signature]
OK THEN, Something is definitely wrong with my setup which is the way it was when I bought it on Ebay, the seat is in the water before I even sit down. If anyone has a Bullet that can take a picture of how the seat is rigged I would greatly appreciate it!!!
[signature]
CP:

Good info, didn't realize the other applications.

I have overinflated those seat bladders more than a few times without a leak/failure. After a few times, the middle crimp areas didn't hold in anymore and the bladder takes on a roundish shape, but I have found that to be an advantage, at least in my ODC! Even with the roundish shape, the larger bottom bladder can be used in either the seat or seat back. When the bottom roundish bladder is used as a seat, it can be inflated to take on more air, so your behind is lifted higher, out of water. When the bottom roundish bladder is used in the seat back, it provides a wonderful lower lumbar support for my bad back, if inflated just right!

The plug on these bladders tends to work its way loose with movement if not properly seated flat, giving you a slow leak. I periodically wipe a small amount of armorall on the male end, to keep things pliable and insure a good mating seal. I also used a small hollow punch to get a hole in the ear, so the the plug can be tied down to the shaft, when I want the extra assurance of a good seal.

I was shocked to the price has gone to $50. If you can wait until late November, CC may repeat their sale of last year. I bought some spares for $19.99 plus free shipping at that time...

Hope this helps.

Pon

[quote cpierce]I have also used the seat bottom on my Caddis Navigator II
tube when it was a hike in situation. My old Caddis is much lighter than my Fish Cat 4

The seat bottom inflated out of the pocket is about 20 inches wide 24 inches long ( includes the middle small chamber) and about 6 1/2 to 7 inches thick. If your seat pocket is slightly smaller I think that is a good thing as you want the inflated seat to push against the material before it is fully inflated. I know that in the Fish Cat it probably isn't 7 inches thick as it takes up the pocket.

[/quote]
[signature]
I think that is how they are made. The seat sits in the water, so you are about waist level in the water when you sit down. On my post I was meaning that when you put something like the Creek Co's inflatable seat on top of that it will raise you up and be better then for casting etc. I certainly like it better than sitting down in the water.

Does your Bullet have the steel frame in the seat?? How comfy is that??

I am going by just looking at the Buck's site for the Bullet.
[url "http://www.bucksbags.com/cm_item.asp?id=206"]http://www.bucksbags.com/cm_item.asp?id=206[/url]
[signature]
Mine is the original Bullet with the steel spreader bar, the seat is attached to 4 D rings with parachute cord and an adjustable strap between the legs that clips to the spreader bar. If I use the inflatable seat that might get me up out of the water. It's worth a try, thanks for the information. At this point I'm willing to try anything. Even BIG PVC supplemental floatation, (any ideas there, @ the PVC King, TD[Wink] ) There is no frame in the seat.
[signature]