Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
straberry 10/27/03
cableguy, muskyhunter and I went up to strawberry bright and early yesterday. It was cold, but not as cold as we expected mostly just windy. Started out up at the straberry marina and trolled over by the mouth of the narrows, cableguy caught a few small ones right off on rainbow taildancers. Muskyhunter also hooked into one in the narrows about 45 minutes to an hour later. I just pretty much wet lures for the first 2 or three hours until I borrowed one of cableguys perch colored taildancers, then I caught 7 or 8 I believe it was. We didn't measure any of them except a 19" cut that I caught. I think the one cableguy caught in the morning was about the same size though. I will let the other guys post the rest and put their input. All in all I had a great time. I am posting a couple of pics from the trip.

Jed Burton

p.s. sorry couldn't get the pics to work I will try to get them posted tomorrow
[signature]
I had a good time up there with you guys,my first time at the Berry,too bad it was so windy!!I may have only boated 1 fish but hey thats how it goes sometimes!!Thanks again Cableguy for the great trip!!M.H.
[signature]
[Image: purple.gif][size 2]Throw those taildancers along the banks and you'll get some big'uns. The fish will be feeding on minnows til ice up. Work 15 feet and in, and you'll find some really big surprises.[/size]

At least I can spell strawberries [Tongue]
[signature]
Had a good time with Musky and Jed fish were smaller than normal for the berry but maybe we just didn't look in the right place. Had a good time anyway hope to do it again sometime.

Cableguy
[signature]
[size 2]"Work feet and in" How many feet did you intend to type?[/size]
[signature]
I have to say that the Rapala Taildancer is one of my favorite lures. I use it for walleye, trout and smallmouth. This year I took a friend to Strawberry that always uses a frog flatfish with a piece of worm. I told him that my taildancer would out fish that flatfish. Well after 1 hour it was taildancer 8, frog flatfish 0. I made a believer out of him. He put on a chub taildancer and bamb "fish on".

The actiion on this lure is very tight tail movement. Run it next to your boat and you will see what I am talking about. This lure is a basic right up there with kastmasters and panther martins. A lure is not broken in until it has teeth marks on it and my taildancers look like they were in a Sigfreid and Roy act.
[signature]
So, PescadorUtah, tell me more about this Rapala Taildancer. Is there just one size of it, or are there a few different ones, and if there's a few sizes, which one works best at the Berry. Also, does the lure say "chub" on the box, or do you need to look for one that just looks like a chub. Just wonderin'. Thanks for your insight.[Wink]
[signature]
Here's a link to view about tail dancers and colors on bottom of page .

[url "http://rapala.com/products/lures/freshwater/tail_dancer.html#taildancer2"]http://rapala.com/products/lures/freshwater/tail_dancer.html#taildancer2[/url]
[signature]