Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterstrider Rafts
What do you think of them? Pricey. Are they worth it? What are the pros and cons? These are the ones made by Dave Inks of Hamilton, Montana.

Brookies
[signature]
Prefer the rockers and inflatable seat area of the Assault....and the price. Made here in Utah.
Cons of the Waterstrider is the flat shape. Bigger foot print. Doesn't move as easily in water with kicking or rowing.
[signature]
Thanks Flygoddess. I love my Renegade. I was just wondering about some of the other watercraft. The Waterstrider is about 16" shorter than the the Renegade, but weighs 7 pounds more. Must be made of really tough material.

Brookies
[signature]
I will say no on the tougher material. But, maybe because they have bladders where Scaddens do not, which to me, would mean bladderless would be tougher.
Plus, NFO's are just the boat, not the oars, seat, side bags. WS lists all the extras it comes with, then the package weight, maybe they weigh everything.

I was on Henry's last year with my Renegade. I flew past a WS. I stopped on shore and unloaded my boat. He finally came to shore and "HE" comment how much better the Rocker style moved. Said his was sluggish as heck. My Assault moves even easier than the Reny.

I do think the Water Strider and the Water Master were cool for their day, but times, they are a changing and improvements are a made.
[signature]
A very thorough and convincing reply.
Thank you,
Brookies
[signature]
Thanks, I did do some checking and comparison when I bought the Assault.
The open front is way cool, but having more storage in front is cool too and takes veru little to get use to.
We need to get out and race...LOL
[signature]
Hi, F.G.

Yes two side by side races would give us an idea of which is the faster design. Trade boats on the second race, you might win anyway with the waterstrider, cause of your lighter weight/better shape? [Smile]

Hope this helps.

Pon
[signature]