Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRAWBERRY
FISHED STRAWBERRY ON MONDAY THE 27TH...WAS CHILLY AND BREZZY...PUT IN AT MUD CREEK BAY... STAYED IN THE BAY ALL MORNING UNTILL ABOUT 3 P.M....WIND PICKED UP TOO MUCH ....STARTED THE MORNING WITH 3 SMALL BOWS....THEN CAUGHT AND RELEASED 12 MORE BOWS ALL BETWEEN 18 AND 21 INCHES...CAUGHT MOST OF THEM ON A GREEN AND BROWN WOLLY BUGGER...OVERALL WAS A GREAT DAY...JUST ME A FEW DUCKS AND ONE OTHER BOAT ABOUT NOON WHO ONLY STAYED ABOUT 15 MINUTES........................................................................
[signature]
Were you in a tube/toon? Kind of odd you caught so many bows. It has happened to me once ice fishing up there...caught a bunch of bows one day...not a single cutt. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
That sounds like a really good day! specially catching Bows instead of cuts which is real hard to do any more? But about the ducks? was there quite abit over their?? I've been going their the last two monday's and them damn ducks are all floating out in the middle of the Res!! I haven't been over to the mud creek side at all this year.
[signature]
When we where there Saturday fishing between mud creek and strawberry bay there where 3 guys in a small boat with decoys set out along the shore. We watched them for a couple of hours and they got off some shots at a flock flying by but they where a little too high for them plus a single duck flew by that they shot at. Not much information but I hope it helps a little.
[signature]
I GUESS I SHOULD LEARN TO BETTER EDIT WHAT I AM WRITING ABOUT...I AM SO USED TO CATCHING BOWS AT SCOFIELD AND JORDANELLE...ALL THE FISH I CAUGHT AT MUD CREEK WERE BOWS..........SORRY
[signature]
Please consider turning off your cap lock key -- it makes it much easier to read. Any chance you meant to say that all of the fish you caught were cutthroats? BTW -- one can easily edit their posts even after they are posted.
[signature]
thanks i will...working last night must have frozen my brain....all the fish i caught were "cuttthroats"!!!!!!!
[signature]