Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon PVC - Front Decks
[cool][#0000ff]Have had the opportunity to "decorate" a few more pontoons with PVC during the past year. Seems like they all have different frame configurations but most have some similarities. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is never a good idea to drill holes in the metal frame to attach rod racks, tool racks or sonar setups. Most frames already have some holes but they are usually powder paint sealed against rust and are located where they will not compromise the strength or integrity of the frame. When anglers start drilling holes they create potential for problems down the road...errr river or lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have contrived a few setups using clamp-on connections that work fairly well. But they are semi permanent and add to the bulk and line catching potential. As we all know, anything that sticks out can catch line and cost fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A fellow BFTer just brought over his new Classic Accessories Wilderness 12 pontoon for some PVC upgrades. He only fishes a couple of spinning rods...no fly rods or multiple rod holders needed. But he did want to have utility rod holders up front and some kind of mount for his Humminbird sonar with a skimmer transducer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have long been making simple strap-on modular front deck setups for float tubes with limited D rings or other methods of attachment. I capitalized on that basic design but added in a cut down Tee connector to slip under the frame as an anchor point. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The basic setups hold pretty firmly in place when the air bladders are fully inflated to hold them in place with pressure and friction. But it is better to run a couple of bungees or tie downs to D rings or the frames for greater stability and security.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are some pics.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You are truly the Master of PVC.

I still really dig the stirrups you made for my Renegade. Thanks again.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you like the stirrups. I hadn't heard back from you and didn't know if you liked them or not.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did you get your seating situation figured out?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have tried several different set ups and have not settled on anything yet. Do you still have a set up I can borrow?
[signature]
Very nice.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Got two or three different chairs you can try.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Have you looked at those folding stadium chairs? I know at least one tooner who uses those and likes them. As we discussed, the key is to get a balance so that you are leaning just slightly backward with your weight distributed so that you are comfortable and do not slide forward.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have found that Saddle clamps work well too for attaching pvc to frames without drilling.
[signature]