Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Couger Cub 9-26
Causey - Pavlik called me just as I was getting off of work to invite me to go with him to Causey in his portaboat. With my twins fly gear and reel with some tackle Pavlik provided the rest. So we left the valley by 2pm to be assulted on the drive up by very heavy rain. We got on the lake by 4pm after a distraction fishing hole that didn't produce any fish.

Boy was it a walk with all that gear because causey is LOW!!!!!!
Thinking the worst was behind us we launched.....not knowing the hike up was going to be worse with that boat. 1st 2 mins Pavlik hooked into a fish that jumped off the squid and doger and the bank tangler using powerbait nailed a rainbow. Thinking it was a good sign we trolled up Boy Scout arm trying various lures and watched a mini boil of Kokes on the way up the arm. Well we made our way to skull crack when pavlik nailed this fattty rainbow..........
[Image: 816645.JPG]

We got all excited and mentioned how this ice season with those rainbows was going to be awesome. Whoops I spoke way to soon. We hit dinkerville and got assaulted by these guys...................
[Image: 816650.JPG]

Anyone that knows pavlik can tell you he always has an eye out for lost poles. Sure enough he found me the pole I have always wanted...................the pink princess pole (watch for a tiger muskie being caught on this puppy!)
[Image: 816651.JPG]

With all the rock "playgrounds" around though we could not help ourselves and had to poke some fun at LOAH and get them in the report too..................
[Image: 816658.JPG]
[Image: 816661.JPG]
[Image: 816659.JPG]

With that we tried the inlets to only spook fish and realize that the water is so low you cannot get up there very far. So we headed back to where Pavlik nailed the bow and I took a pic of the setting sun.
[Image: 816654.JPG]

Sure enough on the same silver/blue kastmaster he got a nice tiger too!
[Image: 816653.JPG]

Apparently Pavlik was getting good at losing lures to snags and in his frustration the couger cub could not contain its laughter. Kind of errie to hear that noise....must be close to halloween already (that was when ETDT heard his 1st ever couger cub last year).
We stayed till dark (8pm) and luckily the full moon helped us illuminate the hill we had to climb back out of with the boat and gear.

By 10pm I was home and took a hot shower (last time I go in just a T-shirt and shorts) and contimplated why I didn't get anything. Ah ha! The very loud gas motor might have spooked off the fish before my lure (silver/blue kastmaster) went by. Pavlik put a heavy sinker on all of his lures.
[signature]
Nice trip, nice pix. Rockin! Is Pavlik European or some such? Just wonder if he's ever fished over there - different kind of angling world. Of course Utah kinda out on THEIR own planet too...

Some chunky bows indeed. Was the widdle one a baby bow, or brookie? Expect I might bump into a couple of those over at Hyrum. Quick run tonight. See if I can get a bass-bite!
That is a good lookin Rainbow Trout! Those low water levels sure do change the fishing.....however it makes mapping out new spots when the lake is full pool much easier! Wonder when the ice comes on if it will be super soft around the edges due to increasing water levels...that shoreline sure gets deep fast!!!!!
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Nice trip, nice pix. Rockin! Is Pavlik European or some such? Just wonder if he's ever fished over there - different kind of angling world. Of course Utah kinda out on THEIR own planet too...

Some chunky bows indeed. Was the widdle one a baby bow, or brookie? Expect I might bump into a couple of those over at Hyrum. Quick run tonight. See if I can get a bass-bite![/quote]

Well be careful at Hyrum because trolling there can get you assulted by rainbows.

They were all baby bows. No brookies in there from what I know of. Sure wish the splake program was around though! We need some lakes up here with them!

He fishes causey a lot. He usually uses downriggers to get kokes but his fish finder is broken so this time he was not targeting them.

No he is so Utard that it is scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]

[signature]
Nice pics. Where is Pavlik?
[signature]
[quote Lunkers]Nice pics. Where is Pavlik?[/quote]
Uhhhh planet Earth and pics 1 and 8.[Wink]
[signature]