Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to get a swan
i drew a swan tag this year and would like to get one sooner than later in the season anyone know where to go? any help would be awsome we live in logan so anywhere north of slc is where we would like to hunt.
[signature]
November is the best time for swans. The Bear River Bird Refuge is probably the most popular because it does hold the most birds. Make sure you check out the proclamation because there are only a few areas you can hunt swan. There are areas at the refuge that you can only hold ten shells on your person at a time if you are hunting them also so make sure to read the rule book. If I was you I would go hunt ducks a few time at the Bear River refuge just to get familiar and see when the birds come in.
[signature]
You stand a good chance starting November 1st. If you really must have one before then it is kind of tough. The Bear River Bird Refuge (BRBR) is a great place, but even better is Willard Spur (South of the refuge). If you would like I guide a few peeps out on the spur every year. Look me up and I can usually get one in close over some decoys. I did not draw out this year... Again... Good Luck!
[signature]