Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 10-02-12 looks like the fall bite is on
Got out to Willard today, I wanted to see if the bite was as good as it was last Friday. I'm happy to report that it was. Water temp was down to 68* and I fished from 1pm to 5pm and landed 9, with the largest being 18". I'm not sure what this cold front, that is coming in tomorrow, will do to the catching but I think the fishing will just get better after the weather stabilizes. The terns were diving, so that is a good sign, if the water continues to clear, we might just see some boils soon[Wink]. The KKT worm harnesses started working again today, wipers had my reel screaming today, good times[cool].
WH2
[signature]
Maybe all the eyes and small wipers have finally put a dent in the shad population and are more eager to eat fisherman offerings.
[signature]
I hope so and I hope the eye bite turns on again soon.
[signature]
nice work as usual buddy !! we need to get out sometime soon again! this time you can teach me a lil somethin!! seriously im lost about the bottom bouncin stuff.. i am clueless!! i need a lesson [cool]
[signature]
thats a great fish, good job!
[signature]
you can't put up a post like that three days before the duck opener man! jerk
[signature]
Sure wish I could have joined you Curt, but I will never ever complain about having to work.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Good going buddy. I’m glad to see a couple of the bigger fish wanted to say hello. Was your magic Rattler still working or did they all come on a worm? I picked up a couple that was really close to the one you were banging them on last Friday but I’ll have to add a little of the magic accent color myself. [/font]
[signature]
Yes the same lure worked but also that one that I told you I had never caught a fish with. Plus the KKT worm harness on lead core. The people I talked to that were coming in, as I was going out said they caught a few fish as well.
[signature]
Well it is fall after all, the hunting starts and the fish put on the feed bag. Let me know if you want to get out there again.
[signature]
Think the biggest thing I learned was to "feed the fish" (yeah, like duh - of course!) - when trolling - if you feel a bite/bump - you drop the tip back, put that worm right in their face/mouth, THEN you snap a hookup when you feel weight. Different from the bite-yank notion of other times. But I can fully see how I must have missed all kinds of bites trolling before. Give it to them instead of pulling it away.

I think I still need to see the 50/50 in action. Plus - need to get some snap weights....

So Wiper - just those danged hard fighting Wipers eh? None of the easy going Walleye to play? Sounds like some good action all said.
The problem is I am to tired to go fishing after hunting... Not to mention, I have to take out the trash, now the lawn... And get ready to shoot more ducks the next day...
[signature]
Willard cast and blast?
[signature]
Send me a PM and we will make it happen, I'm not sure about the bottom bouncers right now and the walleye bite is not happening until the water cools down a little more but there are a few more tricks I can show you about fishing Willard.
[signature]
Glad to see your still wackin them curt. When i get a gun out of my hands long enough to launch the boat I will give you a call. I have had to settle for cutts and brookies while ive been in the mountains[crazy]. Its nice to see the techniques i showed you are still producing, maybe we can work on the cold water ones some more this fall. How is the water level? Any word on how long the S. marina will be open?
[signature]
Oops, sent you the PM before I saw this reply. I'll send you another PM in a few minutes.
[signature]
What is a KnK worm harness, and any other recomendations?
[signature]
I have a kitchen pass today, and would be delighted to meet up with anyone at Willard. I need to learn a few of those tricks myself. I'll be in my ProAngler kayak.
[signature]
What time are you planning on going out today?
[signature]
LOL, not KnK but KCT, I got the letter wrong above, it stands for Kokanee Creek Tackle. Here is a link to what I was using: [url "http://shop.kokaneecreektacklecompany.com/BREAD-BUTTER-SB-216.htm"]http://shop.kokaneecreektacklecompany.com/BREAD-BUTTER-SB-216.htm[/url]
If you go to the web site and click on the on line store, then hit contact us, you can request they make the spinner harness in the walleye design. Next year you will be able to order them directly off the web site and they will be called the Western Walleye series.
[signature]