Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk??
I have spent 5 days hunting elk and havent seen one.... All I see is deer and a million of them with one huge 5x5 that came into the same area morning and night.. so my question is.. If im seeing this many deer will the elk be somewhere else??
[signature]
I wont claim to be an expert elk hunter, but the areas i have hunted for elk, usually do hold deer, although i would not say a lot. I would suggest doing some tracking. Find the trails that the deer are using and look for elk tracks on or near them. The areas i hunt i find the elk tend to have a routine and certin trails they follow. You just have to be in the same area at the same time. With as hot and dry as it has been you will also want to make sure you find the water source in which they are traveling to and from. they may never leave the tree line and be moving before sunrise and after sunset. Good luck. They are a fun challanging animal to hunt, but there is nothing like a big bull leaving the tree line in front of you. Hope this helps.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply.. I found some good water but all I see is one big mean moose that dont like me there hahaha... I'll keep at it hard for the next couple days and hope something comes together..
[signature]