Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport ramp ?
Wanna run some Stabil through my motors tomorrow (Sat) and of course do some fishin while I'm at it. Rockport is my choice if the ramp is launchable. Anybody know what shape the ramp is like right now ? I know the lake is low and I've heard of some folks saying it's iffy. Any current reports out there ?? Appreciate any help !
[signature]
Heard from a friend at work that they went last sunday and the water was 3 ft below the ramp and when they backed the boat and trailer off in sank in the sand,but they were unable to get deep enough to unload the boat without dropping the truck in the mud.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the lake may be on the rise with the outflow being reduced over the last week.
[signature]
That is amazing, that the smallest lake in this area, Lost Creek, is the only lake that you can still launch a boat from. Looks like it is Lost creek or the longer drive to Jordanell, Deer creek or the Berry.[unimpressed]
[signature]
Im thinking on heading to lost creek sunday.. Ill be bank fishing.. have you heard of any good or any catching at all ??? Thanks bud
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
From what the DNR person said, as we were leaving, the catching has been fair to good for shore anglers. I tried casting a few lures by the boat ramp and had fish follow it in on most retrieves. There were people bait fishing to the East of the ramp and it looked like they were having some success.
[signature]
I was able to launch at Rockport on Saturday with no real issues ( 17 ft Trihull ). Did well with popgear and worm. I tried other things on my downrigger but my son and grandson were kickin my butt so I had to switch over. Plenty'o water once you get launched....read 80 ft by the dam. Best fishin was towards the inlet in 25-30 feet of water. No pics but we kept 9 that were all at 15 - 16 inch footballs.
[signature]
We drove by there Sat on our way home from deer hunting and saw your boat and several more the were good sized boats. It looked like they had cleared the mud off the lower part of the ramp. How was it while launching? Did the ramp end or continue into the water?
Thanks for the report, sounds like fishing was good, thanks for the report.
[signature]
The ramp ended about 15 to 20 feet into the water. The bottom is plenty stable though.....my tires did drop off but no issues.
[signature]
Well, lets just hope the water level starts raising soon and it won't be a problem. I noticed the river below the dam is running low, so hopefully they are holding all the water back, now that the water user season is over. Thanks for the info.
[signature]