Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good hunt for antelope and deer
This is my second year as a Wy. resident hunting. Got to say it sure beats the Utah crowds.
Both animals were taken less than 25 miles from our house.
[signature]
Very nice. Those are both critters that I too would be proud to shoot. Congrats to Roger.
[signature]
Congrats on a couple dandy animals... Gotta love Wyoming.
[signature]
I'm interested in the BFT deer contest. Where do I find the rules and entry info.

Thanks
[signature]
I will check and let you know
[signature]
it always amazes me the animals that call that wind swept ocean of sage brush home. Enjoy it, although its easy to see that you are. [cool]
[signature]
Nice work Roger! That sure is a pretty goat. Buck's a dandy too. I don't really care for the crowds here either, but I probably speak for most when I say we'd take ya back any day!
[signature]
Hey Roger, how you been? Good looking bucks. The only BFT Big Buck contest that I'm aware of is on the Idaho board: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=152"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...gforum.cgi?forum=152[/url]
[signature]
Looks like curt beat me to it.
[signature]
Thanks for the info and kind words.
Moving here was a dream come true for Deb and I. Great hunting and fishing, lots of public land and no crowds.
In fact after 13 days of hunting deer I don't think we saw more than a dozen other hunters and most of them were locals on the weekends.
We saw a monster buck opening day but on the wrong side of the road.
We were estimating him to be 32 to 34 inches, non typical with good mass and height.

We looked for that deer until the last day and ended up Deb taking a nice 3x3 and i shot that 4x4 just to fill our tags.

I feel better since moving here. My blood pressure and stress level has gone waaaaaay down [Wink]
The only thing I miss about Utah are our familly and good friends
[signature]
Looks like the contest is for Idaho only. Us Wy. boys can't play.
We are doing well. We haven't hunted elk since we got here but there are alot of elk with in spitting distance of town. Been to busy with antelope and deer.
I might have to dust off the 300 WSM and go shoot one next year.
Take care my friend and Happy Holidays.
[signature]
You could always send a PM to Fishley and Jacksonlaker and ask if they would consider having a contest like Idaho's on the Wyoming board. I'm not sure about Jacksonlaker but I know Fishley is a hunter. Happy Holidays to you as well Roger.
[signature]
Very nice.
[signature]