Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012-2013 Ice Fishing Challenge
I guess I've been volunteered to manage the Ice Fishing contest this year.
Had a good time with the Catfishing contest, and appreciate everybody's cooperation and support. Hopefully we can carry the sentiment of fun-friendly competition onto the ice!

Have yet to finalize the rules, but pretty much - same as last year. If anyone has any ideas for changes/improvement - welcome.
Also - I'd like to encourage anyone willing to drum up donations, or supporters for prizes/awards - that too would be very welcome.

But now that November is here - figure we better get started and open up the entries!
THEN - pray for ice! (and good perching!)
Yote, That's great. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll do a great job managing the Ice Fishing Challenge. How about posting up the rules we currently have so we can have a look see and begin any discussions for improvement.

Go ahead and put myself and BIGbites on the list. We have a lot of fun with the Ice Fishing Challenge each year and are looking forward to a great ice fishing season.
[signature]
You should send the tyedyetwins some prizes for being the first ones on the ice ha ha ha.
[signature]
Don't think I'll have as much time to be on the ice, but it's all in good fun. Count me in again.
[signature]
you can count me in again, had alot of fun last season.
[signature]
Count me in!!!

I do have one suggestion, I would like it if there was a time limit to post your fish, say 7 days. I think it give a fair chance to everyone to make an effort to catch whoever is in the lead, Seems like many times someone has hung onto some larger fish until the ice is rotten in some places making it almost impossible for someone to try and catch up.
[signature]
Here's a link to [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Contests_F100/gforum.cgi?post=699336;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]last year's rules[/url].

Good suggestions. I like the timelimit on submitting your entries. I can see that. And where you can always upgrade, no real point in holding out.

I think the Twins photo-shopped that ice trip, so I dunno [:p] Plus hey haven't paid their entry fee yet! hehee. They'll get their chance. As will you. Maybe an award for thickest ice with a hand auger and the highest elevation???
I second redfrogs suggestion, sounds good and fair to me.
[signature]
I'm good with the rules we had last season. I could go either way on the time limit for posting fish but I tend to lean to not having it. I think it really doesn't make that much difference and it could end up affecting people that are busy with other things (hopefully with fishing) and don't have the time or forget to get on a computer during the allotted time period.
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Here's a link to [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Contests_F100/gforum.cgi?post=699336;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]last year's rules[/url].

Good suggestions. I like the timelimit on submitting your entries. I can see that. And where you can always upgrade, no real point in holding out.

I think the Twins photo-shopped that ice trip, so I dunno [:p] Plus hey haven't paid their entry fee yet! hehee. They'll get their chance. As will you. Maybe an award for thickest ice with a hand auger and the highest elevation???[/quote]

I am interested in joining the comp this year. So when can the contest start?

As for photoshop I don't think so! I think you are just jealous CYS.
I did invite my text list to come along but everybody chickened out. It sure was an adventure and luckily both days I stood on the ice I didn't fall through.

I have plans to return to the ice in a few days. So I really wanna know when the comp starts just in case I get a monster fish this weekend.
[signature]
I want in send me some money sending info and what ever else I need to do
[signature]
Hey TDT, that's great you're going to join the Challenge this year. In past years the Challenge starts as soon as there is ice. I'd say go for it and post up that first fish of the Challenge. Lets get this thing going.

Chime in here Yote!
[signature]
Well there will be some more ice after these temps in the mountains. The ice I fished in Oct melted but lets hope after this weekend it is here to stay. [cool]

I have PM'd CYS but have not got an answer back yet. Hope to god he is freaking fishing to wear off some of that moderator stink[:p]
[signature]
You know im in !!! just tell me when where and how much the fee is
[signature]
Formally:entries will start Monday, Nov 12th. I'll have posted rules. Entries can be submitted, counted once paid.

Basically the same fish rules as last year. Need to get a banner out there.

Get ready for the ice cometh! At least we hope so!!!!!
Sign me up again! Time to drag out all my ice gear!!
[signature]
How about a life-preserver on a rope?

first on the ice, and first THRU the ice?
ha ha ha you can do better than that. Maybe give them some RFP.
[signature]
pms sent

keep em coming.
Count me in!
[signature]