Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Fall on East Canyon Creek (10/30/12)
After some well deserved paid vacation from work. I decided to take my dad for one last hoorah on the streams for the year. He suggested we try East Canyon Creek in the area near Big Spring and Mormon Flat. With a nice warm fall day (70 +) and some hungry fish, it wasnt long before we started seeing some action on our good old mepps #2 spinners.

My dad was the first to hook in to a nice fat 14" rainbow. Healthy, fat, and brilliantly colored, we released this sucker back in to the water to live another day. We both continued to get some action, but could hook anything.

After he tired, and started heading back towards the car, I continued upstream, getting strikes all along the way, and spooking a few very large browns that are still in spawn mode, off their beds. I was finally able to hook in to a fat brown that was just under 14"....at least according to my slightly rusted tape measure, but it was probably a little more than 14. Then on the next hole, I landed a 15" rainbow, that was fat, and as brilliantly colored as the one my dad caught earlier.

After encountering some duck hunters, I decided it was time to head back to the car. I was happy, the smell of sagebrush filled my nose, and warm fall air felt great as it dried my wet feet and pant cuffs.

I love late fall fishing.
[signature]