Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow day at FB
Headed out to Farmington last friday, knowing the weather called for no wind and warm temps.

Got there early and motored out to our spot. Birds were moving early as shooting opened, buzzing us from every direction but without being able to identify what we were seeing we didn't take many shots till it was a bit more light.

By that time the birds were done however, with no reason for them to move we decided to go to them. We hiked out to the great salt lake and kicked up quite a few birds, but with the phrag being so short there was no place to hide.

We managed three a piece which was better than any of the guys we talked to at the ramp. This weekend looks very promising though!
[signature]
Slow weekend for me to. However this upcoming weekend.... Going to be killing time.
[signature]
We had a decent morning out there on Sunday. Same conditions but I wanted to get into an area that was phraged in. took me about 1 1/2 to cut my way threw but found the hole and established a good walking path threw the phrag.
One of the guys stayed with the decoys and had five or so shots and one duck to show for it. Smile
that afternoon we decided to move and it was game on the rest of the afternoon.
one friend was in the right spot and limited,I got 3 and another friend got 4 we also had a few that got lost to the phrag.
overall a very productive Sunday afternoon shoot.
We won't talk about the box and half of shells I shot! I started off so well with a double gadwall then from then on I was shooting blanks?

Will get out to the honey hole shortly.

shoot straight buddy talk to you soon.
[signature]
Friday was slow for us on Utah Lake as well. shot 2 birds.

Today was really slow at FB. I walked a section of dike we hadnt hunted before and kicked up , honest to god, about 3000 birds. big flock of Swans in there to. they all headed West when they got up.
water across from them had about 300 birds on it, they all got up later. Lots of Pins in there.

went to Idaho this past week. Tonsand tons of birds. Lots of high flying migraters. We had a few play in the decoys. let some hens settle in the decoys a few times. ended up with a silly GW and 5 green heads. fully colored. looked good. that was Tuesday. Wednesday we never fired a shot and seen less than 20 birds on the river.

If anyone was at Farmington today, south end and seen that flock of birds, (most shots today were from the private club area), please confrim the magnatude .. my partners were a good 250 yards away and heard the roar of them all getting up. pretty cool.
[signature]
Lots of birds out there if you had something like, oh, I don't know....15-25mph winds and a good snow cover rolling in [Smile]

Headed out to the BRBR tomorrow afternoon, might have a couple good pictures for you guys this weekend!
[signature]