Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bear duck hunting
Made it out friday afternoon for a little puddle hunting with a couple buddies, starting to look like winter out there!

Since there wasn't much wind when we set up, we blamed the lack of avian circulation on that, not much movin. Knocked down a hen mallard that came in for a closer look but that was it for a while.

Eventually the storm moved in and for a while the birds were moving, and yet nothing wanted to come in for a look! we had a good spread, good calling and nothing even acted like they were temped by our spread! blame it on pressure I guess.

From the few birds that did decide to swing at 35 yards and the couple that landed in our area, I was fortunate enough to knock out a limit while my two compadres were only responsibe for a single each. My limit was four spoonies (they were everywhere!), one mallard and two drake gaddys.
[inline IMG_0890.jpg]
On the walk back in through the phrag, it was total whiteout conditions and we got lost! with a dozen deeks, a pack, a gun and a limit of wet birds, it got pretty miserable fast! Our 45 minute walk in turned into an hour a half hike, man my shoulders hurt!
[signature]