Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon and Manila pond
Friday went snowboarding to shred the gnar and do front flips. Don't forget about getting arm muscle ripped out of place but that didn't stop me from fishing [mad]

This weekend was just a after noon till dark trip on Saturday and Sunday just to catch some fish. On Saturday I decided to check out manila pond to see if I can catch any big fish but nothing worthy just end up with 6 dinker bows that swam back to the pond that's getting drained. Oh well I might go there when its a puddle to easily pick out my fish [laugh].

For Sunday I was debating on going to the Weber river but the weather report said 70% rain on Saturday night for Sunday but when I woke up at 10 am oh looky what my iPod says now. SHOWERS..... LIKELY 70% [mad]. That just made my day. I could of caught some brown trout but no weather goes from rain to likely showers. Check my bank account to see if I can go fishing oh great how did I get $130 extra in my account . It looks like the Phillip 66 gas station from Saturday trip messed with my account and I gota talk too that terrible company to fix it because next thing I would notice. Oh you gota pay that $130 back.

After that big huge issue trying to figure it out that wasted my day I head to little dell. Got to the parking lot and says $5 to park and there were no envelopes plus I don't want to pay $5 just to catch and release fish. I spend that $5 to go to east canyon lake that I haven't been there for over 2+ years. Right when I got to my old spot looks like those 70% shower came true.

First I thought fly fishing for the whole day would work but not a single nibble what I tossed in that small lake. Then I had the desire to toss some regular bait gear and first thing happens was 16" bow and it didn't even hit the bottom of the lake. With Utah bipolar weather coming on and off actually made me happy for once because when it started to get windy and the water was rippling pretty good. That's when action kicked up. Toss my bait in the water and in a few minute I see my pole going into the water and have to jump into the water to save my rod. End up catching 6 16" bows in 3 hrs as well for a bonus I found some fishing gear and a trolling blade.

Looks like the Weber won't see me till Thanksgiving Break.

http://s1055.beta.photobucket.com/user/f...sort=3&o=0
[signature]
nice report FFL, a quick question for you. how far out of the water is the rock pile thats towards the inlet. just curious on how low it is when i go for some crappies on the hard deck.
[signature]
Which inlet are you talking about? The reason I ask, a while back I took some pics of those big rocks at the inlet on the South side of the lake, just wondering if that is where you are talking about.[:/]

FFL- thanks for the report and pic.
[signature]
I'm not sure but I know water level is down where when u hit next to the water where I was. It was just a steep drop off. Lucky I had waders to save my fishin pole. I even tried fishing for crappie but no luck on them. Only trout.
[signature]
Ya no problem it's been a while since I fished it so I just had to go.
[signature]
well its not exactly the inlet of where jeremy ranch creek comes in but its out a few hundred yrds out near the highway side, on high water levels it might only stick a tip out and sometimes its completley covered, its almost a mini mountain.
[signature]
ya man the crappies are tough there, i only get into them good during the spawn, but atleast you got some nice bows
[signature]
Is this what you are talking about?
[signature]
yep the far one on the left side, that lake is crazy low right now, wow!!!!!!![:/]
[signature]
I am surprised Manila even has any fish left. After all it was on the news a while back.

As for Little Dell you should have joined us. It was good action and not as far of a drive. You don't have to pay the $5 after Oct. 31. That is when they quit collecting the $5 fee. But I would carry the $5 in your pocket just in case the attendant just happens to be there one day.

I think the electronic signs on the freeway yesterday said the road to East Canyon from Parleys closes for the season on the 26th at 3pm.

FFL stay away from the "Trauma Parks".
[signature]
Ya I know man. Those bows are going to make a yummy pan fry dinner ^-^
[signature]
ya man its crazy low and steep walk down hill. It was a great idea that I had my waders on. If I didn't have them on there goes a fishing pole.
[signature]
That was my first plan for the day to go up there but I saw the $5 so I didn't know if its still going on or not as well I had no cash on me so I just blasted over to east canyon. Oh well at least I got some good dinner for today [Tongue].

I don't go into parks up where I snowboard I just go around drop off hills too do front flips. Smile

You should text me back about little dell this week. Im on break now. [angelic]
[signature]
Yes the road will close in the 26th. I was at Little Dell this morning. Had them going with the fly rod. Good morning even with the light wind that wouldn't stop.
[signature]