Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cupped up, feet down
Got a call from a buddy today at 1pm, Lets go hunt! Well....sure, why not?!

Got to the pond at 330 to find some yokel in my spot pass shooting ducks with no decoys or calls, kinda frustrating. We moved off and set up in some low cat tails on a pond that was 20' by 40', much smaller than I'm used to hunting.

Not much wind and not much movement but we were able to coax a few mallards close enough to give us a look. After exhaustive rounds of calling we had a couple drake mallards swing, swing, swing and commit feet down five yards from us! Ha! NOTHING beats shooting a greenhead as he back peddles at five yards!

Ended up with two birds a piece for one hours hunting, not too great but man was it fun! Sure beats doing the homework I was supposed to do!
[inline IMG956473.jpg]

As we walked in ducks were bombing into every patch of water around us, mallards galore! The ducks are still out there boys, go get em!
[signature]
Man you are killing the ducks. Was that up at BRBR by chance?
[signature]
Nope, farmington bay.

I know some good spots further north but the more I figure out Farmington the less reason I have to hunt anywhere else! Just gotta get out of your boat and hike
[signature]
LOL! You better not be talking about this old man! [Wink] You deserve to shoot birds like that with the effort you put in.

Good job on the green buddy.

fnf[cool]
[signature]