Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11/2
Fished the Berry on Sunday. Ended up trolling most of the day and caught 44 total. Launching was fine. They were pulling up the docks while I was there. Weather was cold, but not much more snow than in the valley. Fish were caught trolling shallow with flatfish in black or green. Wind was not bad for part of the day, but when it blew it was COLD! Still a few ducks on the water. Only saw one set of hunters in the Meadow on the way to Rennegade. Fished mostly in Rennegade area and Strawberry Bay. Lake is still covered with that thin particle-type algae. Can't complain about the fishing, with action pretty much all day. Not the best day ever, but still a solid effort. No real ice forming on the lake. Didn't have a water temp on my fish finder, but the water was still pretty warm for freezing. Probably no ice till the first week in December or later this year. For what it's worth.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
Thanks for the nice report. Glad to see someone has been out fishing! Did you catch anything over the slot this time around?
[signature]
Nice report FRM, sounds like a great but cold day on the lake. How many people were fishing with you? WH2
[signature]
There were a few other folks out on the water. Probably about 7 or 8 other boats. None of the fish went over 20". Probably about 7 or 8 of the 44 were between 18-20. The rest were mostly between 14-17 inches, with a few really tiny 10-12 inch fish in there as well. All of them were cutts. Not much for variety yesterday. There were 3 of us in the boat, and all were in the double digits for the day, so the action was spread around pretty well. It was great to be out there, especially with the few other boats I saw out there. It was nice to never troll near any other boats all day. I think that these fish are going to start busting 20" real regular by the middle of next season, with a bunch over 22". It's just a matter of time. Right now, it's just kind of a catch and release lake until we get some size to those fish. We could have kept a few below the slot, but none above. An old dude I talked with for a minute said he caught a 6lb rainbow from the docks before the pulled them up. Well, For what it's worth.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
You say there are a few ducks?? I haven't been up their in the last couple of weeks but when I was up their there were tons of ducks? But I wasn't over in that area I was over by Jakes bay and Chicken cr west! I got to talk with UtahWalleye to see if he's ready to get up their and do the Cast & Blast thing we do this time of year!
[signature]
I saw a few flocks, maybe a dozen or so units with 4-20 birds in them. There was one big flock of geese that I spotted with about 20 birds in it. There were a few flocks on the water, but not many, and they may have been fish ducks. They may have been hunkered down somewhere in a shallow protected bay when I was there. It snowed for most of the day, so they weren't flying much. It's also getting cold, so it may be time to move on. I woul wager a guess that I didn't see more than about 150 birds all day. I wasn't there for the birds though, so maybe I wasn't paying much attention. I only watched the close flocks, which made my trigger finger twitch, but didn't have the shotgun, so I just concentrated on my line and driving the boat. I'm sure that there is still some good shooting to be had up there. Ice probably won't start dominating the lake for another month. Good luck.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]